• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 camshaft repair sleeve seal?

durk80

Morning everyone! I bought a used A cam awhile back and noticed the front sealing surface was indented and worn where the seal usually sits. To attempt to remedy this, i put on a repair sleeve from rockauto. After ripping the last of my two sock seals, I smeared some rtv sealant on it. Now its leaking and causing vaccum issues.

Does anyone know of a larger inside diameter seal that would fit?

Thanks for your help and comments in advance.

Did you install the sleeve backwards?

I've never had an issue with speedi-sleeves and seals....

Maybe i installed it backwards. I remember following the directions supplied, but it kept ripping because i couldnt get it over the sleeve which seemed mighty sharp. In hindsight, i shouldve used a plastic yogurt container, but the landlord wanted it moved then and there. thank you for the reply!9

They go on with the flange first, then you rip/cut it off. You'll want to remove the valve cover and #1 cam cap.
I like to get the seal on and mostly aligned before putting the cam cap back on. Makes seal installation much easier!

This video shows something similar to what you explained, they didn't get the seal or the sleeve in the correct spot. But they redeem themselves with the proper installation at the end.

https://youtu.be/zJ4Px0i6bg0?t=481

Back