• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear right side fog lamp issue

SLOVOLO240

1Does anyone have suggestions on how to narrow down why my rear fog lamp isn’t working in a ‘93 240? I just put new tail assemblies in and a brake light switch due to brake light issues. Now that I fixed that, the fog lamp stopped coming on. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Did it come on before? Both or just the one?
Trace voltage until you find/don't find it. Might also check fuses I'm case you blew one installing stuff

Did it come on before? Both or just the one?
Trace voltage until you find/don't find it. Might also check fuses I'm case you blew one installing stuff

It came on when I put the assembly in! It?s just the right side that?s having the issues. I put a new fuse in as well, the whole tail light assembly works off of the one fuse, no? I?ll double check that! I?ll do a voltage test as well.

No idea what you’re driving, but in a lot of cases only the driver side fog lamp is energized so as not to be confused with the brake lights when driving in the fog.

No idea what you’re driving, but in a lot of cases only the driver side fog lamp is energized so as not to be confused with the brake lights when driving in the fog.

Ohhh how dumb of me not to include that. My apologies. A 1993 240!

Interesting! Why would the assemblies come with a bulb in that slot then?

Maybe the assembly factory doesn't know how the cars are wired? They probably make dozens of different models.

I wired my uppermost positions on both sides of my wagon as additional brake lights. You could do the same, run extra wiring to energize rear fogs on both sides, or just keep the stock configuration.

See this older thread for some reference:

http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=6126749

I had the same issue after installing new taillight assemblies and hard wiring them. I found out here like another member said, its not supposed to work on a 93.

Theres even a wire there it just doesnt have power going to it but you can connect it to the other side to power it.

Back