• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Svea - 1968 220 -

Whoops. Pic showing brakes includes spacer! The nuts put me off!

Have you seen v-speeds 142 turbo thread? Good ideas there.

Yeah, but since the engine bays between 142's and 122 are way different, theres not a whole lot that can just transferred over. His work quality is great, and since I will be taking my header off to install a J piped stock manifold, I may cut it up and make a tube header similar to his but more like the TurboES. But that really wont be necessary for this build at the moment.

Wilwood caliper part#120-11128
EBC green stuff pads #EBC-DP2037
Mr borries adapters
I'll get the hat/rotor part numbers when I have a chance. The whole kit was less than 800. And now replacement rotors are 31-50$ each and pads are 75 a set. That's the biggest improvement over stock.

I have all the other part numbers good sir, just no idea on the adapters. Any help on how to obtain those would be great. Nordic car parts web store is closed. Thank you!

Well, Little update. Got the turbo all installed. I T'd the oil feed off the pressure sender hole... and the dang T cracked on first start just after pressurizing and priming the oil pump. And on first start, something weird happened. The RPMs bolted to the rev limiter, so chasing down a GIANT vacuum leak. Not sure what thats all about. I plugged the IAC holes and checked the torque on the manifold bolts twice, so I guess now its all coming back apart. I did figure out that I can use my stock radiator, I just had to do some trimming on the driver side to move it over about 2".

Tonight I'll take it all back apart and see what I can find about that vacuum leak, and fix the oil lines/pressure feed. Then I'll give it another go and maybe this time I'll have an assistant to take some video.

Well, I figured out the vacuum leak... I had boogered up one of the alignment pins and it kept the intake spaced out at bottom creating a WOT scenario. So I cleaned up the holes and stuck it back on :oops:. the I replaced the oil feed T and tightened everything up.

Some pictures
nOdVeJ-ztWRkRuXfSOp4oNr8zFyNbrBvhenebTAQyKo=w1236-h923-no

before^
BpMRtD9HSVtv0YcdbkqVcA39FnrrT_fkAy0HPe2QxTU=w690-h923-no

qenSKUvw_JWEdOMf-TeZFWf__II-hbTKpa88nVZTitw=w690-h923-no

heHCOlTqaqHXFMFDDPiAqkKV6k1KKpTGYS34ZpqCGy8=w690-h923-no

QGeAKWX3fRsMZTPbs8q-MCU5V1v14oyHiUtGZOfBOKU=w1236-h923-no

BXm4YHQgnDaygfqOSSF844iQZjZVJG8c2Ag2DF9Xo6w=w1236-h923-no

XSAZX70UqDSF0p8nHw9Of9pZtonxdAnghdfI84XdIHg=w690-h923-no

eU0pgpo2p-iMR7dBKxmq-z7Ookd_FxDM40aktoJeAbg=w1236-h923-no

And a sketchy video clip
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2PboRJswnyA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks guys! It drives pretty well, I think I need to adjust the wastegate and pick up a boost controller... Maybe the IC is a tiny bit on the big side... boost is coming in at about 24-2500 rpms and full 12psi at about 36-3700... I may have a boost leak also. But on another note, on the launch limiter at 2500 rpms I can build about 10psi! and the thing takes off if I let it go.

I'm gonna take an in car video tonight to see what that does.

Brilliant project.
I still love that paintjob and how it was done.
There's a LOT of exhaust manifold stuff leading to the turbo but it gets there so that's a proper job.
Keep going!!

Paint was done by spraying the base copper, then laying lace fabric over the bottom and spraying black paint thrrough it, and peeling it off, then clear... Ive got a bit of sheet metal to do around the radiator, and I need to downsize my air filter to fit behind the grillor possibly make a box that sits under the passenger side headlight and route it from there into the turbo.

I'm curious to see how the radiator cools everything. I had really wanted to stick with mine because I think it would be fine but it wasn't gonna work right. I ended up selling that Civic one and picked up the same Griffin that alfavsvolvo used in their lemons car.

I'm curious to see how the radiator cools everything. I had really wanted to stick with mine because I think it would be fine but it wasn't gonna work right. I ended up selling that Civic one and picked up the same Griffin that alfavsvolvo used in their lemons car.

Well... I had thought I'd need way more.... Last night 5 minutes of idling (from completely cool) and I was at 150* and then I drove about 5 minutes, and it was up to my tstat at 170*, and after another 5 minutes of idling, I kicked the fan on at 190* and it dropped to 180* and stayed there while the fan was on. I think the stocker is just fine, ambient temp was at 90*.

Well after sitting in the drive through at the bank today it looks like I might need to do something radiator wise... It just heat soaked like crazy and no matter how I drove it wouldn't come down. Finally got home and it tapped 230 and coolant started to boil out the overflow.

Well after work I took a look at the cooling system. Seems I may have not burped my coolant as well as I thought. Spent a few minutes idling in the driveway and cracked open the vent I have at the back of the cylinder head and psssshhhhttt had a few big bubbles in the system. Topped off the coolant and went for an 8 mile drive and an hour cool down and another 8 mile drive and temps stayed around 175-180*F while moving and about 195*F while sitting at a flagging station for about 5 minutes.

well, heres a chitty iphone in car video
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UXB_Mo2GCA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

took another video after leaving my "tuning" road... its kinda nice having access to an old abandoned road. So this is 12 psi, 0-about 75mph.
<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a8YOn9RUma4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks! I've got a lot of sheet metal to do around the radiator to direct the air flow into the radiator... at the moment the radiator is free ballin. Then I need to figure out an air box. I think I might just make one to fit a 3.5"x10" or 12" panel filter and have that run into 3" pipe into the turbo. The plan is to get that all buttoned up in the next 2 weeks, and there is a local auto cross event on 8/15 in Dallesport Washington, so I have motivation to get it done.

Back