• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I know.. twin turbo B230f

ElHefe910

So I have a spare 240 with lh2.4 and big rods. I am getting into welding and getting better at it. I wasn't trying anything crazy. I was hoping to adapt the twin 11gs that come off of first generation S80T6 or XC90 which are plentiful at the pull apart junk yard, and run microsquirt or something on that level. Does anyone have any mock manifolds that I can take ideas from. PS. Don't say just put a hx35 on it or something because my other Redbook has a 16v with custom 8.5.1 cr and rsport rods with a k24 for now.

That actually seems like it’d be pretty neat. Those little turbos are tiny. I have no idea about manifolds though. Maybe you could copy what the s80 manifolds look like, just minus 1 cylinder on each one?

Essentially just using 2 cylinders to spool each turbo.

T61.jpg

I look forward to updates.

That actually seems like it?d be pretty neat. Those little turbos are tiny. I have no idea about manifolds though. Maybe you could copy what the s80 manifolds look like, just minus 1 cylinder on each one?

Essentially just using 2 cylinders to spool each turbo.

T61.jpg

I look forward to updates.

That's what I had in mind. I recently rode in a BMW 2.0TT and it had a fair amount of tq and hp and plenty of low end power and sustainable boost pressure at higher rpms. The td03 11gs are small in fact small enough that Hayabusa drag bikes put them on their bikes, but I think it could make a very balanced 250 whp 240.

The OEM T6 manifoldso are cast I think so it would be hard to modify that one, but I was thinking of getting a flange and starting from there. I think it has to be somewhat compact due to the passenger strut housing. I'm just trying to utilize what we have available for Volvo at the junkyards these days and who knows maybe it could turn into something, however I do think it probably would need microsquirt or something like that to tune it correctly

I just see them at the pull apart everywhere and its usually the transmision that put it there not the motor. It's not like 10 years ago when every given saab, Volvo and MB still had their turbos intact at the junkyard.

Looks pretty effecient. No windshield washer fluid but that is not a concern by a long shot. From that picture it looks like a simple 4 cylinder TT compact manifold with up-pipes to put the turbos in a location where there is little to no obstruction

I think if you were going to take this seriously you’d just do it. I personally think it might be useless on a 4 cyl unless you’re considering a compound setup with a small turbo feeding into a larger one.

What are your plans for the car? That would help you in your decision making. Otherwise...

I think if you were going to take this seriously you’d just do it. I personally think it might be useless on a 4 cyl unless you’re considering a compound setup with a small turbo feeding into a larger one.

What are your plans for the car? That would help you in your decision making. Otherwise...

I think a single TD0311g would be a good fit for 2 cylinders on a B230f. Plans for the car is just a 250whp but I want to see if a small TT setup would give the car a much broader powerband. Sure I could use an HX35 and spray gas down low but that's not what I am trying to do. The car is a project and sitting in my garage now just looking to hone my welding skills and try something unique. I planned on using a microsquirt unit off of my old jet ski and trying to adapt a TT setup from the junkyard and the Volvo seems to be the best choice. It wouldn't necessarily be a daily driver because I have so many cars and toys already. I got the car for basically free. I was hoping to get ideas for a manifold design

pairing cylinders is going to be iffy. I think you'd want to pair 1-4 and 2-3... so it may be a bit wonky to work out runner length.

Good advice I haven't taken that into consideration much. I figured most of the kinks could be worked out through tuning, maybe megasquirt with 2 injectors per cylinder might help or might not but I am not trying to do that anyway as I plan to run micro

Good advice I haven't taken that into consideration much. I figured most of the kinks could be worked out through tuning, maybe megasquirt with 2 injectors per cylinder might help or might not but I am not trying to do that anyway as I plan to run micro

running a NA b230 manifold, then two J pipes out to the turbos will keep the pairing correct, but you might need 2 feet of j pipe.... Well actually thats about what I have and my 15g on a 2.0l spools and builds 15psi before 3100rpm, 7# by 2800, so its not too bad.

What 2.0 BMW is twin turbo? Seems like you?re confusing it with twin scroll.

A properly sized single on a red block will outperform hacked in twins all day.

What 2.0 BMW is twin turbo? Seems like you’re confusing it with twin scroll.

A properly sized single on a red block will outperform hacked in twins all day.

Maybe I am because I didn't think BMW made a 4cyl TT. My friend got a brand new X3 2.8X drive rental while he was looking for a car He claimed it was twin turbo. I didn't look at the motor but he said it said twin charged or something like that IDK the thing was pretty quick

N20 engine. Single turbo.

BMW calls it “Twin Power Turbo” becuase of the twin scroll.

It’s just a single turbo 4 cylinder engine. Nothing fancy.

N20 engine. Single turbo.

BMW calls it ?Twin Power Turbo? becuase of the twin scroll.

It?s just a single turbo 4 cylinder engine. Nothing fancy.
Gotcha I thought that it might be BMW'so answer to the Volvo 2.0 4cyl TT+electric supercharger motor or something like that even though I have never seen one of those Volvo motors but Polestar got it to 425hp.

Back