• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

best performance wheels for 242 glt ?

navarroja

sup just bought some polaris and was wondering if there any other wheels that might do the job.? best for circuit and strong too

Last edited:
Depends on what you want them for, and what you mean by do the job. Polaris aren't very wide. So from a performance standpoint some 17x9's would be better as you can fit wider tires. Or if you want lighter wheels you can get some 15x8's with some sticky 225 tires.

So polaris wheels are not the best performance wheels. Though if you just want some 17s that will look good, polaris do a good job.

If the wheels are real Volvo Polaris they are probably light enough. With a 7" wheel you can fit a 225 wide tire but that is about all you can fit easily. Even a 225 will need some work on the rear arches.

$$$$Something forged with replaceable barrels.$$$$

CCW FTW

I also like Compomotive (for the Euro look)

But I really think a good set of 16x8 ish Mini lites or similar would look good on a 242 with a tire that has sidewall, think 60's SCCA/Trans am racing.

Like this a little bit:

vZkL7ia.jpg

CCW FTW

I also like Compomotive (for the Euro look)

But I really think a good set of 16x8 ish Mini lites or similar would look good on a 242 with a tire that has sidewall, think 60's SCCA/Trans am racing.

Like this a little bit:

vZkL7ia.jpg

RS Watanabe style wheels look pretty good on the bricks. I might prefer 15" over 16" though.

RS watanabe? Just curious as to what RS are you referring to? Those wheels are minilite style which go back to the 60s. First mostly seen on original minis and other import sporting vehicles back then. I agree with you. They look good on a 240. IPD used to sell a replica.

I've always liked them on 1800 and 123GT. Never really thought about putting them on a brick.

RS watanabe? Just curious as to what RS are you referring to? Those wheels are minilite style which go back to the 60s. First mostly seen on original minis and other import sporting vehicles back then. I agree with you. They look good on a 240. IPD used to sell a replica.

I've always liked them on 1800 and 123GT. Never really thought about putting them on a brick.

Racing Service Watanabe, Japanese wheels that look pretty much the same as those minilites. The Watanabes also date back to the 60s, so I'm not sure which came first.

Racing Service Watanabe, Japanese wheels that look pretty much the same as those minilites. The Watanabes also date back to the 60s, so I'm not sure which came first.

Yep. They've both been around a long time. the wheels on the white car posted are definitely watanabes.

Pretty sure there were quite a few companies making that style of wheel.

Yep. They've both been around a long time. the wheels on the white car posted are definitely watanabes.

Pretty sure there were quite a few companies making that style of wheel.

Yeah the more I look at the car, they're RS Wats, Rota RKR, Konig Rewind, etc. Minilites look different than those wheels.

Panasport was a company making the minilite style for a long time. Don't know if they still do. Not a big fan of gold wheels but those do look good with the green car. By way of turbobricks legend those gold centers just tripled the value of that car. :cool:

Thanks for the info of the Watanabe wheels. They look good.

Back