• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Source for the 242 window channel seals

swiftjustice44

Central Coast Brickyard
Anyone know of a source for new rubber/felt window channels for 242's? It's the portion that fits into the window opening and holds the window tight when rolled up. I'm slowly re-building my GT and the rubber is pretty much dryed out and broken in several places. Thanks!

Thanks, but I'm looking for the part that's 3 sided (two verticals and a horizontal)and is in the frame that the window rolls up into.

Cool, I'll check both. Nothing I've bought for a Volvo seems expensive when I look back on it a year later. It's at the time of purchase that the price seems steep!:lol:

2020 bump...

For a 242 there are 2 pieces
1) vertical section at rear of window - p/n 3526387 (still available new)
2) long section along top/front of window - p/n 1203968 (NLA)

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the long section?

For these kinds of parts. I'd suggest checking with VP Autoparts. I'd also check Skandix and CVI Automotive. Swedish Car Parts may be able to help, too.

I've recently rebuilt my 242 door cards and needed the same thing. I did some junk yard surfing and pulled the equivalent parts from a C30. They don't look completely 240 stock, but they do the job much better than the worn out ones that I had previously. I can also suggest that 2 door Jaguars from the 90's or before might have some useful parts.

If you're trying to stay OEM, then Dave's suggestions are good ones.

For these kinds of parts. I'd suggest checking with VP Autoparts. I'd also check Skandix and CVI Automotive. Swedish Car Parts may be able to help, too.

Doesn't look like the 242 versions are available anymore.

Got mine from Dave Barton, perfectly packed, the usual quality

Just to clarify, I would like to replace the window channels as shown below. Not the window scrapers (that Dave Barton and others sell).

Looks like my options are:
-cut/butt a set of late model 240 window channels

AJlPsZ4l.jpg

2023 Edit:
I sourced a set of window channels from a 92 244. They were still very flexible and it was quite easy to combine the 244 set into a spliced set for the 242 door. I did not use any adhesive at the splice area, didn't seem necessary. Very happy to be rid of the rock hard original parts.

Last edited:
Splicing from a 4 door is the route I went. I bought (PnP) both window channel and door seals from a 4 door. I used 3M Black Weatherstrip Adhesive to join the sections. Since these seals are shielded from the sun even older cars' can be good. It is wonderful having good seals again.

Back