• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Temperature sender wiring (off 740 turbo)

fullup1

When I changed the head from a 398 to a 530, the coolant temperature sender in the head didn't have a single terminal like my LH 2.0 did, it had a plug with two terminals in it. Since replacing the head, I've been to the junkyard and retrieved the plug that goes to the sender, and it's got 2 wires coming out, a yellow with white stripe and a yellow with black stripe.

Does this wire into the ECU on the 740 turbo?

OR

Can the yellow with black stripe wire be grounded and the yellow with white stripe wire be connected to my stock wire going to the temperature gauge on the instrument cluster?

I do have the old head and the old sender, but since the 530 head is currently installed, getting the newer style sender out will be a PITA, especially since the plug is actually bigger than the hex head on it, and there's no room to get a wrench in around it and loosen it (without disassembling the whole intake side).

Back