• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thelostartof LH 2.4 Chip Feedback Thread

When you say greentops do you mean the stock 804 b230ft low impedance injectors?

I found out what was missing from my setup to take advantage of the chips. Just got RSI to drop one of their stage 1 cams into my car while they were putting the M90 in (hey, they had the shims and the car)...The difference is night and day even before re-learning my ECU! I'm sure no small part of the improvement is from the cam itself, but the new combo works VERY well together. The first time I drove the car I thought Jonathan had goofed the speedo install because there was no way my car should have been doing 85 in that 50 zone that soon, then my GPS agreed with the speedo!

The ECU is still figuring things out, but it had a nice little loapy idle at 500 RPM's until the ECU upped it to about 675 and smoothed it out some. The combination of continuous rain and posted speed limits have kept me from being able to do any WOT pulls yet, but give me a week or so for ECU education and some clear weather and I'll report back.

The new and much improved setup on the car is as follows:

'91 745
92 octane Shell gas
Gutted air box
Clean K&N
Stock MAF - clean and minus rear screen
Stock MAF to cold section boot - the old one was oil soaked and collapsing
Stock IC - probably has about a half quart too much oil in it since the car's bottom end is a bit tired)
Stock TB - Clean
No porting on either intake or exhaust sides
Green tops
15G @13PSI (bigger boost spikes with manual and cam, so I'll be taking a half turn off of the WG actuator rod - CBV diaphragm/spring might be a bit sketchy since I'm hearing bypass air starting at just under atmospheric)
RSI Stage 1 cam at 6 degrees advance (it's an around town scooter, so bottom end takes priority over peak)
MVP 3" DP and full exhaust
M90 with Clutchnet yellow pressure plate and un-sprung organic disc
3.73 OEM snow locker rear end
Dirty Dracos with fresh 205 55 15 Falcon Ziex ZE512's

These chips are ]D ][ ]V[ ]D ][ ]\[

Here is my setup:
BOTH ECU & EZK
'90 765
15g
ported 90+
3" exhaust
IPD cam @ 1 deg advance
NPR
Greentops :( @ 4Bar
Walbro penis pump
K&N
a$$hole driver
Usually run Shell's Techron with Craptron ?

I pulled Fred's chips out and on the way home from Mike's I noticed the responsiveness was much improved. Freds were in there for a while and set ~16 so twas well lernt @ that point. I experinenced some of the little oddities that others on here have reported but that in no way have I thought of taking them out.
T.L.A.O. Instaboost Chips are like crack. The acceleration was so smooth and predictable, not spikey and angry spurts like with Freds.

I took Mike's advice a little too srsly to drive the crap out of them and too make a long story short I have to take the defensive driving class again.
So after my Imperial entanglement. I spaid or neutered my ride. With factory boost it acted a little weird. At High RPM's the powerband came on hard, kinda impressive power for 7psi. I've since got bored with that and started twisting the thing on the thingy and making more boost.
It again is getting fast.
As far as my milage, It has gone up 20 miles per tank but I put on my exhaust system 3/4 of a tank before the chips went in and it seems to be getting better.
My experienence has been way less than scientifical but I do like them a lot. When I had it set at 16psi there was no ping with Mikes Chips. That right there for me was worth the price of admission. It was knocking some before and it turned into almost none.

If you have the means I highly recomend you pick them up.

I love TLAO chips, every car I have ridden with them installed hauled complete serious ass.

Love em. Even thought of just scrapping my next MS project myself.

Dude! Advance your cam to 4 degrees and turn the boost up :)

I have just the one car so it makes me conservative. I haven't tried messing with the timing gear yet with the new chips. Getting the ticket stopped me from dorkin on my car. It Needs a front caliper rebuild and newer tires. It was low on oil I just added a 960 oil cooler so it will get air, the NPR pushed the stock cooler into a place that got little air flow. The temps are much better now.
Its @11~12 now I'll slowly push it up. So Boostin the Bejesus out of it is easier said than dumb. For now, untill I get brakes...

forgive my ignorance,

are these the same or better than the "perfect power 6" that IPD sells? or is it just completely different and an apples to oranges comparison?

i have a 1992 745tic auto lh2.4 (i assume) and am looking to get a little more go-power out of it.

oh ok, now i understand, the power 6 is an in line modifier.

so which is better, my car is a DD so i wont need to fiddle with it, i want reliable power (who doesn't) just a little boost over stock

These chips and an mbc is minimal "fiddling."
I'd do a tune up first get rid of bad hoses and vacuum leaks new spark plugs stuff like that if you haven't already.

Alright guys, I thought I should post. My friend has a 92 940 turbo that I just finished soooping up a bit for him. We are running a rebuilt 13c (was on there when I showed up...600 bucks last year, so I thought I'd keep his dad happy and work around it), greentops, 4 BAR FPR, 3 inch turbo-back exhaust, MBC, and LostArtOf's chips (Fuel and ignition). So, tonight we turned up the boost to about 18 psi (22 for one run) and with the computer still learning and 50 pounds of crap in the back, we ran a 9.58 at 71 MPH in the 1/8 mile with a 2.09 60 foot (about a 14.9 at 92 MPH quarter equivalent). The person driving had never gone drag racing before. This was on an autobox, but I think he still has a 9.3 or so in it. The car pulls strong and the drivability is great. AFRs are very good across the board, running nice and lean under cruise giving good fuel economy so far. The engine seems to be running very safely with absolutely no audible knock or ping at any point. I am really impressed with Mike's product and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

P.S. The chips took all of 2 days to arrive from time of Paypal to them being on the doorstep. Mike's service was as fast as I could have wished for.

Last edited:
Well, I passed AZ emissions with these chips in. I have the 563s. Put my IPD cam straight up took, out the mbc. Kept it like that for 2 days then went in. I have a hightflow catco. The numbers were well within range. The car just runs better with these.

I was trying to hit 28 psi so I could be as cool as that other kid! It was a cool night and it was making 18 psi initially. As it got cooler and we let the engine cool down, I had him go out again and he said it hit 22 psi. I sorta lol'd, but the car did go quite quickly and didn't make any funny noises, so yeah. We were using a needle valve, but without any preload adjustment on the actuator, it was blowing the gate open at higher RPM, so we pretty much had the needle valve closed to get the 18ish psi to hold. This led to poor boost control (not that I was surprised...we just wanted to go to the track and the needle valve was the best I could do). He bought a Lower Shores MBC and now it is running quite happily at 15 psi. But Mike's chips handled it all in stride.

Last edited:
Well I cant comment on mileage or anything of that nature because I just installed both chips last night. The car feels like a totally different animal with these things in. Ive got a little over 100 miles on the setup already and it feels smooth as hell, the off boost drivability is out of this world, I can take the 30 mile trip to work on the highway without ever having to hit boost. It also cleared out my CEL for the EGR sensor (which is awesome). The boost comes on real smooth and the car just rockets off, and it has next to nothing done. setup is as follows

94 940 turbo
2 1/4 inch catless sidepipe
stock 13C at 16 psi
IPD cam about 3 deg advanced
cone filter and heatshield
TLAO chips

Next up is a 15G w/ super 60 wheel
browntops and 4 bar FPR
3 inch turboback
3"AMM
NPR IC

GIGGIDY!!! The car's finally happy, AFR's are in check, and 12psi is, well, fun. Boost will go up soon, along with the bigger AMM and injectors, along with some track times.

Nice work Mike!

p.s. No ping currently with 90-ish ambients and cali's crap-gas.

We chipped Cecilie240's car with both fuel and ezk chips.

563 ECU (from turbo car w/egr)
146 EZK (from N/A engine)

Engine specs:
B230F 1989
13C turbo
940T downpipe modded for 240
940T IC
940T injectors

I waited untill posting in this thread, since we had a problem with excessive rich mixture (which happend at the same time as we chipped it).
Eg. the thing was that we where running on E85 and when we first ran the +t, we still used the N/A ECU. It was bogging under WOT, I felt it was a rich bog. However, the rich fuelmixture from E85 is not very visible (no black smoke from e85).

So, when we then went on premium fuel and the FT/FK ecu (563) and chippet it, it suddenly puked black some at idle.
Turned out that it was due to the lambda sond beeing bad (gave out a low voltage signal).

After I swapped it the day before yesterday, I could once again install the fuel chip in the 563 ECU :-)
It pulls very smooth and I can see the AFR's change as they should do.

So, I can confirm this works well for +t, we are at 10PSI atm (0.7 bar) w/ MBC ball and spring.
Soon we will have new injectors and E85 again :-) Then we just need turbo clutch and I guess that means 1 bar time (15psi).

Back