• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 fuel pressure spec

mschultz373

what's the spec for a 94 940 Turbo? running LH2.4. I hooked my gauge up at the rail and it read ~45psi. seemed to hold for a few minutes after turning off, too. It was a quick read before leaving the shop for the night.

I read on some 'volvo answers' site that that's high, but I figured I'd come to the experts and ask.

I have yet to test pressure at the fuel supply line to the main pump. should that spec be the same?

what does it mean if my PSI is above/below the spec? I've been getting terrible gas mileage (14-16mpg) so I wonder if she's running rich, but I don't know for sure if that'd be verified with a pressure reading or not.

thanks as always yall

Yea, engine @ idle in P.

I'll take more thorough, careful readings at both the rail and supply line in the morning to confirm this finding.

That isn’t that far off. I’ve seen that much variation before without problems. Measure the pressure again with the engine idling and the vacuum line off and plugged.

i think everythings fine. reading this morning was ~41psi @ idle in P with vac line attached, went up to ~50psi without vacuum. held the 41psi for 20+min after turning car off. I couldn't get a read at the valve before the main fuel pump - connected the gauge but it read 0 - but I suspect that valve may be clogged or something. the car has been running mostly fine, in D at idle it can feel rough and vibrate a lot but i think my motor mounts are completely toast.

Back