• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83 242 V8 LQ4 swap

Excellent work as always. You were clearly the man that car was looking for, I'm so glad we were able to get it down to you. When she's all ready and out on the road, I would really like to catch up to you and see your work first hand.

Your build is amazing for a "low budget beater". I love it other than the auto, but I understand your reasons for it. Keep it up man!

Do I see a turbo Suby hiding in the back of the shop??

Closely following your build and hopefully will soon be blatantly copying some of your ideas (L33 with a T5 for me.) I am the guy that made those custom CV flanges you used on the 914 swap - I have one of those to complete as well. As you know introducing kids into your like really puts the breaks and project progress.

I finally got a full day to work on it, it has been 102 degrees here all day but that didn't stop me. Got my honda alternator and power steering pump all mounted. Also got the brakes plumbed and then put it all back together. Looks good all clean and shiny! Progress should be a little faster now....I hope

Some pics of the progress,

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

Closely following your build and hopefully will soon be blatantly copying some of your ideas (L33 with a T5 for me.) I am the guy that made those custom CV flanges you used on the 914 swap - I have one of those to complete as well. As you know introducing kids into your like really puts the breaks and project progress.

Wow it always amazes me how small the car world really is (at least the world of cool cars lol). Thanks again for the flanges! The car is still being abused almost daily without a problem.

My car moved under it's own power today! It rolls the tires off it you even look at the throttle pedal...cant wait to get it all tuned up. The L33 is the aluminum 5.3 correct? After all I have learned I probably would have just went 4.8 or 5.3 for my car and saved a few bucks. Good luck with the build and let me know if I can help.

Oh damn!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mnx1_IbEvYQ?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Small world indeed

Your the 2nd person on this board that has been involved with my 914 parts. Yes the L33 is the all aluminum one, member sikbrik is also in the process of an L33 swap and says the L33 is actually lighter than the old Volvo! Good to hear you can now drive the car. What are doing about the evil smog check (are you one of the few lucky ones in an exempt zone?) We have a house up in the foothills that is an exempt zone so once I get the car smogged as stock I don't have to worry about it anymore. I used to build 8.8's when I was in college and know a few tips for cheap stock LSD performance PM for more. What about that Subaru in the back of the shop?? Looks like it's ready for some boost.

Wow it always amazes me how small the car world really is (at least the world of cool cars lol). Thanks again for the flanges! The car is still being abused almost daily without a problem.

My car moved under it's own power today! It rolls the tires off it you even look at the throttle pedal...cant wait to get it all tuned up. The L33 is the aluminum 5.3 correct? After all I have learned I probably would have just went 4.8 or 5.3 for my car and saved a few bucks. Good luck with the build and let me know if I can help.

I have a friend that will take care of the smog for me but it still isn't cheap. That subaru motor was in my 55 bug. 2.5 single cam with sti rods and pistons, turbocharged of course. I sold the car and the motor is going in a friends ghia. I would love to get some help with the 8.8 when i'm ready.

IMG_0111.jpg

HPIM2453.jpg

HPIM2687.jpg

Jeff,

Thanks for letting Steve and I check out your 242 today in person...great work, I hope my own ride can come out half as nice as yours....!!

Car sounds awesome, and that motor looks like it could have been installed from the factory in there !!!

Nice shop as well...thanks again

Mike

Last edited:
I have a friend that will take care of the smog for me but it still isn't cheap. That subaru motor was in my 55 bug. 2.5 single cam with sti rods and pistons, turbocharged of course. I sold the car and the motor is going in a friends ghia. I would love to get some help with the 8.8 when i'm ready.

IMG_0111.jpg

HPIM2453.jpg

HPIM2687.jpg

That's awsome, looks like a lot of fun!!:-D

Back