• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

12.9 grade studs to crankshaft.

Jussi Alanko

Are these Kl-racing studs to crankshaft caps needed to 500hp in b21 engine.

Does these make any difference at engines bottom end, so, is engine stouter with these.

01535.jpg

Those cost about 100?, so they are not expensive.

I'm considering to use these, because i need to disassemble engine, because i'm changing head bolts to head studs (also from kl-racing, 100?).

I will also change piston rings and make ring gaps little smaller, i will grind gaps to 0.60 at first ring and 0.65 to second ring. Now ring gaps are 0.7 and 0.75mm.

I will also put a new 0.9mm thick MLS head gasket to it, my pistons are now 0.10mm shy at the deck surface, so with 0.9mm head gasket my squish/quench is right at the optimal 1mm.

But does these crankshaft main cap studs make any difference when comes to longevity.

https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar/volvo-8-16v-ramalger-129.html

Anything that?s better than stock is money well spent, especially when it comes to holding everything together when you?ve upped the power.

You may encounter oil pump clearances. Go for it.

I?ve been looking at a set of these as well, in what way does it affect the oil pump?

Anything that?s better than stock is money well spent, especially when it comes to holding everything together when you?ve upped the power.

I?ve been looking at a set of these as well, in what way does it affect the oil pump?

Hits it, Oil Pump needs to be clearanced IIRC.

Back