• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

China turbo- too much preload?

VB242

I.M. Weasel
I'm getting some boost spikes up to 20psi. I reclocked it and set the preload at about 3/4 of the length of the hole on the waste gate actuator rod. I took my mbc apart and didn't see anything unusual. 2 balls and a spring, I have it set so that it opens when I blow in it so it's not 20psi. Pretty sure it's hooked up right, hose on the bottom goes to the turbo outlet and the one on the side goes to WG actuator. Anyway any ideas?

What does it do when the actuator is hooked up directly to the compressor housing?

Best run today, I have an appointment with the dyno on the 29th to finish sorting it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dDPy_KwxYLE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GbIFOcoTq_0E9R3MVQVpXfHW3Vzypg9HgLy1x86grb2eoCP5mNP_4rXBnQlH1KeMFPNML2FKih491uHxuC_yYEwWg8IdNqgdTGrQleenGFUaLfQ-1KhP_vpCp0enjkid5dTrj-QCytM=w600

The knock sense is going off quite a bit, we were going to look at the that too. I think I have it turned all the way down but it seems to go off as soon as boost kicks in. The knock sensor is torqued to 10ft.lbs. in the spot at the center top of the left side of the block where the factory sensor was installed

Back