• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

needing a heavier clutch

twin turbo 1947

I'm new to this,
I have built a /47 Chevy pick up and powered it with a D24t .
I've put a compound twin turbo set up on it (mostly for the "cool factor")
I now have problems with the stock clutch slipping in high gear under higher boost.
Is there a heavier clutch available?
regards, Marc.

You may want to flesh out your post with details on what trans & clutch setup is in there - we could assume you meant M45/M46 trans with whatever stock clutch & flywheel went with - however you should know how assuming goes....

sorry, it is an M46 4 speed with elec. overdrive. stock volvo clutch.
hoping to find a manufacture name and part number for clutch and heavy duty pressure plate.

Last edited:
DAm that's a tough one. I wonder what the better options are then the stock clutch for a diesel.. I mean sure you could get splintered clutch disc, but what about pressure plate? Does anybody make a billet steel flywheel for the d24?

http://ttvracing.com/

Maybe call and tell them what you looking for the flywheel should be same as the audio or VW diesel motor right? Same motors just 4 or 5 cylinders instead of the 6 in the volvo, fyi..

They don't list a billet steel racing 1947 chevy volvo D24T flywheel or clutch. But they say right on the front page, what can we make for you?

Your best bet is the guy above in UK would know. I know they put d24's in trucks over there so maybe a HD truck clutch kit? I think the D24 clutch is 215mm or 8 inches and has a stepped flywheel. Not much meat to work with disc wise for the stock flywheel.

Last edited:
TTV can make something I would think but on off flywheels are expensive.

I have some options that will work for you. Are you open to a paddle plate? It would be the better way keeping the original flywheel

Would love to see photos of this vehicle. You could add attachments to your post, but only if you are a contributor to the site.

The other way is to upload the photos to a hosting site like Imgur, Flicker, Pbase, or a number of others. Nobody around here recommends Photobucket any more. When posting, there is a row of icons just above the text box. When you hover your curser over them, they will identify themselves. Click the one that says "insert image" and enter a link to the photo in the box that pops up. You can preview your post before submitting it to check your work.

Just sign up for one of the image-hosting accounts (I use PostImage now that PB is such a nightmare) & post pics here. I think we'd all be interested in seeing the vehicle & the conversion pics of the bay.

Also, update your profile so we know where you are (globally speaking), and so forth.

I have a new paddle clutch coming from Classic Sweeds.
I will update once received and installed. Thanks for all your help so far.
As for putting photos of my Beast on this forum, I'm giving up.
It's been a nightmare trying.

Back