• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

81' 242 TI Build Up

There is a proturbo header for sale on the board... but I know your broke enough already ;-)

I think your in probably right around 4-4500 bucks. You/we got screaming deals on almost everything, but for the most part its the little things that just nickle and dime you to death.

yeh next summer, hopefully a 28-30r and have ben make a header.

but yeh man, this build could have easily cost around 6k. i saved alot of money. the killers are the 3/4" pipe tap for $28!!!!! wtf????? haha, i should still take that back. ill add everything up to the last dime, tonight and ill let u guys know.

yeh, once i passed the 4k mark and had 10+ reciepts left, oh and plus the tuning and exhaust on friday, im definately gonna let it go and forget how much ive spent.

AFR's on the dyno were nice and straight, did a pull at 13psi put down 195wheel. SNAP!!!!

turbo is dunzo. wasnt getting any oil.

Anyone got a KKK24 turbo laying around????

AFR's on the dyno were nice and straight, did a pull at 13psi put down 195wheel. SNAP!!!!

turbo is dunzo. wasnt getting any oil.

Anyone got a KKK24 turbo laying around????

Oh man, that blows. Nice numbers though, even with a turbo that was going bye-bye. :-(

the turbo is off and at the shop being rebuilt right now. hopefully have it back and in the car by friday. updates coming soon.

ok so i havent posted many pictures lately, but here are some from the dyno when it was being tuned, and now as it sits in my garage.

Kitos Dyno Tuning
IMG_0808Medium-1.jpg

Tunin'
DSC_3915Medium.jpg

the exhaust
IMG_0823Medium-1.jpg

side exit
IMG_0825Medium-1.jpg

the 24" resonator, its still pretty loud
IMG_0840Medium.jpg

chyeah
IMG_0836Medium.jpg

and turboless in seattle
IMG_0832Medium.jpg

its getting there
IMG_0831Medium.jpg

very nice, just needs a e-fan. hope the rebuilt turbo goes good.....cant wait for the actual numbers on the dyno :)

well i actually bought a new turbo so....ill have 2, a blown one and a new one. the blown one will be rebuilt in due time so...

yeh im really excited to see the actual numbers i put down on the dyno, at 18-20psi, it should be quite interesting.

how did you route your oil filter relocation kit to the oil cooler?

no oil to the turbo? didnt you put your hand on the line when the car was running to make sure that you could feel the vibration from the oil running through the lines?

how did you route your oil filter relocation kit to the oil cooler?

no oil to the turbo? didnt you put your hand on the line when the car was running to make sure that you could feel the vibration from the oil running through the lines?

obviously we didnt. kinda was a last ditch effort to get the car running before doug left so....we did miss a few things here and there, this one just happened to cost me a turbo so....all i can say is that thats how it is with building cars i guess, stuff happens, just gotta roll with it. its no ones fault, just a brain fart, completely forgot i guess. its all good though, shell be done and tuned by next friday.

brian

obviously we didnt. kinda was a last ditch effort to get the car running before doug left so....we did miss a few things here and there, this one just happened to cost me a turbo so....all i can say is that thats how it is with building cars i guess, stuff happens, just gotta roll with it. its no ones fault, just a brain fart, completely forgot i guess. its all good though, shell be done and tuned by next friday.

brian

good to hear..guess its one of those things that you'll be EXTRA sure to check next time around.

Back