• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'93 240 steering wheel removal

NonTurboBrick245

(Apologies for sounding new, I truly am)

I have an r sport wheel with momo adapter that I'm trying to put into my 240, but I'm unsure as to whether or not removing the SRS clock spring is a necessary step, and if there are are any good videos that show this process off?

Thanks for any information ^^

Sorry but with the 93 type of airbag steering wheel. The horn contact and mounting bracket for the clockspring/horn contact are different than the earlier setup. Your momo adapter and r sport wheel can be installed if you also remove and change the horn contact mounting bracket to the older 88 and down bracket. This is also the bracket that mounts the wiper switch and the turn signal stalks. It is a complete bolt in to back date the setup. Sorry I don't know the part number but if you say you need the bracket for mounting the turn signal and wiper stalks people will know what you want.

I did this change to my 93 and mounted a 242gt wheel. So be willing to lose your airbag and remove the warning light for the SRS as it will detect the loss of an airbag and throw a code and set the warning light. I removed all that stuff.

Sorry but with the 93 type of airbag steering wheel. The horn contact and mounting bracket for the clockspring/horn contact are different than the earlier setup. Your momo adapter and r sport wheel can be installed if you also remove and change the horn contact mounting bracket to the older 88 and down bracket. This is also the bracket that mounts the wiper switch and the turn signal stalks. It is a complete bolt in to back date the setup. Sorry I don't know the part number but if you say you need the bracket for mounting the turn signal and wiper stalks people will know what you want.

I did this change to my 93 and mounted a 242gt wheel. So be willing to lose your airbag and remove the warning light for the SRS as it will detect the loss of an airbag and throw a code and set the warning light. I removed all that stuff.

Thanks for the info ^^ guess I'll look into

Back