• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Meling 10296 Std. or HiPress. Spring?

KwikBrik245

Damaged Goods
300+ Club
I have a Meling 10296 High Vol. oil pump for my twin turbo LS1 rebuild as was wondering if I should also install the High pressure spring that comes with it?

Plumbing for the turbos will consist of; Oil cooler adapter, about 9' -4 line, Setrab stacked oil cooler, TurboSmart oil pressure regulator, inline mesh filter, and of course, the turbos.

Im not an expert, I would run the high pressure spring. Running that much stuff; I was concerned about pressure but decided to just leave the melling spring installed. I have a big oil cooler and new engine getting 50 lbs at idle. I might of shimmed the spring but cant remember.

Im not an expert, I would run the high pressure spring. Running that much stuff; I was concerned about pressure but decided to just leave the melling spring installed. I have a big oil cooler and new engine getting 50 lbs at idle. I might of shimmed the spring but cant remember.

Thanks. I will be moving my cooler to the driver side fog light opening tonight (was on passenger side w/ stand alone oil system). I know ball bearing turbos don't need nearly as much oil as journal style bearing turbos, so I'm good there. I plan on taking a cue from turbo Porsche design and place the inline filter on the bypass line of the regulator since an obstruction is more likely to flow the path of least resistance. I guess ill just have to play with hose diameters once I have everything together.

Thought I would let you know that when my oil cooler thermostat opens my oil pressure dropped to 15 at a hot idle but goes up with rpm. Have like 40lbs at 3000rpm. I’m running 10an hoses to and from my oil cooler. Thought maybe this info would help you decide what to do. I’m running a melling oil pump.

Thought I would let you know that when my oil cooler thermostat opens my oil pressure dropped to 15 at a hot idle but goes up with rpm. Have like 40lbs at 3000rpm. I?m running 10an hoses to and from my oil cooler. Thought maybe this info would help you decide what to do. I?m running a melling oil pump.

Thank you for the help. I imagine I will be doing a lot of hose size experimenting before I get it all dialed in. I'm thinking -4 from the regulator to the turbos. probably bigger to and from engine to cooler. i really need to figure out how to plumb in a thermostat that wont cut oil to the turbos before its open. I know it wont be hard but I also haven't drawn it out yet lol

Wanted to let you know that my low oil pressure was result of a loose fitting. It’s fixed and expect oil pressure to be better. Will let you know on my next outing.

Back