• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Just failed CA smog, high NOx

My 1995 945 always did really low numbers when it was tested. The tech joked that the air in the shop was probably dirtier! Since it?s a 95 it no longer needs to be tested here in Connecticut, the last test it had 355k on it and easily passed.

My experience is an over-lean running car will elevate NOx readings. So it looks like it's running fine and maybe you have a really good cat that's burning off everything.

Just a simple and cheap (compared to other companies) Walker 81111. Still fairly new since the car is for driving to school and back with the occasional grocery run. A plus from the Walker cat is that it's 2.25" so it fit perfectly with the OEM turbo exhaust piping.

My experience is an over-lean running car will elevate NOx readings. So it looks like it's running fine and maybe you have a really good cat that's burning off everything.

It's called a THREE WAY catalytic converter. It cleans up THREE pollutants: CO, HC, and NOX.

A good kitty will knock all the numbers down close to zero.

Here is a smog dilema thread:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=330758

I had a three way once on Denver my truck ran so dirty the tech advised I keep the Wisconsin plate (supercharged 355), however the tech helped me tune for altitude and with a jet and idle air bleed change the air was cleaner and i got better gas mileage

Back