• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Motronic 4.4 waiting questions - RWD swap

940 16 valve

Thought I would cross post this from my build thread:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=341191
I've got the engine in, and everything wired to the M4.4 ecu but fuel pump and O2 sensors. The piece I'm stuck on is wiring the fuel pump relay, and the purpose of wires B19 and B27.
HmA6LQ9.jpg

Sounds to me like B27 should trigger the relay, but then what is B19's purpose. The stock 4.4 fuel pump relay is just a simple 4 prong relay.
JlqGHq8.jpg

If it is a simple four contact relay. One terminal is 85 and the other is 86 which is the control side of those relays. Since B19 is battery voltage and B27 is half that and according to the notes is a 42hz ac voltage. B19 should go to terminal 86 and B27 would go to terminal 85. That would let the ecu control the fuel pump.
Terminal 30 would go to the power supply and fuse. Terminal 87 would go to the fuel pump.
However, I an not a motronic expert. Just trying to interpret what you posted.

You'll have to check a wiring diagram to see exactly which terminals to wire those pins to. I believe all M4.4 diagrams should be the same, let me see if I can post a pic of the ECU wiring.

Back