• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hackster's LSA / T56 2 door

Looking good Sean, Glad you figured out how to keep a belt on there. Seriously impressive build man.

The guys at trackside motorsports on N Interstate know what they’re doing when it comes to modified Volvo’s getting a proper alignment, check them out.

Looking good Sean, Glad you figured out how to keep a belt on there. Seriously impressive build man.

The guys at trackside motorsports on N Interstate know what they?re doing when it comes to modified Volvo?s getting a proper alignment, check them out.

They did work on my F100 on the original alignment. Great guys, just really hard for me to get to and from and drop off and leave with them for a day or so. I live down in Tigard and work downtown.

I have pushed this thing to the side for now, its in one piece, has new tires on it, belt seems to be staying on at least for now. It has an oil leak from the new cooler or lines somewhere but I havent looked for it yet.

Its gonna chill there for now. Nothing going on this spring so nothing to really do with the car.

Working on a foxbody notch now, should be fun.....getting the treatment that the volvo should have but I was too afraid to cut it up. So its getting 315's, flares and everything from the maximum motorsports catalog. Keeping the 5.0 and T5 in it for now.

How is everyone doing through this crazy virus? Hope all my fellow TBers are holding up well and safe.

Sean

Car is on the road, not done but on the road did the first AX this weekend, its gonna be good, handles very well!! Cannot wait to get some more seat time. Figured you fellas wanted an update. 18x11's and 315 square

Where we started..

Is there a thread for it??? I assume you've seen Matt Farrah's old fox body?

You should let me "borrow" your KTM...

https://www.corral.net/threads/hacksters-89-track-day-and-autocross-notch.2503630/

Here ya go!!

Yeah I have seen his car. I dig his podcast and what he does for the automotive industry, he has built an incredible brand. As far as the foxbody goes....I didnt like the bolt on look of the flares and the car never really did anything but go from shop to shop getting worked on. Matt even says it himself. He had nothing but issues with it and never touched it himself.

I should probably sell the KTM to be honest. My knee is ****ed from my crash and I dont see myself getting back to hardcore trail riding ever again.

I'd love to have a katoom to brap to my shop and home, we've got a 525exc we converted to supermoto and I've still got my 200exc, back in Alaska though. Maybe I can clean your shop floor for the next 100 years to pay off the KTM, haha.

Great thread too, reading it now!

Fox came out sick! Well done. :cool:

Thanks its definately a work in progress =)

Nice job at Hoodoo this weekend. Are you hooked yet?

I am getting there, CAM is a tough crowd with some fast drivers, I think I am starting to get the hang of it a little bit.

The tough part for me is how little actual seat time you get. And we got lots of runs at HooDoo....But to give up 2 and a half days and get less than 15 mins of seat time is tough for me and my always busy brain.

Ill probably never be great at it as I love track time more. But I have been having fun. Aside from the Car dying I think the fox is a pretty competent car as it sits. I think I need to swap the A052 onto the 11" Wheels and get more contact patch and less shoulder bulge.

But back to the scheduled programming. I have taken a break from the Volvo for some time now.

Sometimes on these things you have setbacks. After fighting with the tune for a while I kind of threw in the towel for a bit. Frustrated that it was dying when coming to a stop, throttle control is not great, still after that big ass radiator having cooling issues, and battling a power steering leak.

I managed to get the power steering line replaced and solved 95% of the leak.

I took it out for a quick car meet a few weeks ago on the hottest day we have seen so far it was about 90 degrees or so. The car got way too warm. 215 sitting at the stop light is just too warm for me.

So I started looking into the fans and shroud and found out that the fans are only rated for 650 CFM each......That means I only have 1300 CFM to cool this big turd. I found some mishimoto fans that are rated for 1650 each and still only an 11" fan but much deeper. I took some rough measurements and it looked like they would fit, but only by fractions of an inch.

Fan came in and I drilled some new holes and prayed that it would fit.

It clears by about 1/4" and has a ton more airflow. I have driven it a bit over the past weekend and it does stay much cooler now. Freeway temps are 176 to 185. Around town stop and go I have seen it to 191 or so but cools off. Not sure if this is the end all but its certainly better. Ill be curious to try it out when it gets warm again.

Now the tune. Tuning around this Nick Williams Throttle Body and BTR Cam has been a total pain. The car dies or attempts to die when coming to a stop, also throttle responce is not what it was with the GM Throttle body. I guess the best way to describe it is Jerky. Going to take another stab at it with the tuner again this week if I can.

I have to admit I am getting to that point with this car though that its pretty much done in my eyes. Might be getting close to the time for someone else to enjoy it.

215? is normal operating temps for these engines. Corvettes see upwards of 230? when on the track. Not sure what everyones worry about being at the temp. These's aren't SBC that need to be under 195?

It's one thing if the thermostat is keeping it that toasty, it's another if not enough airflow is doing it. That's not a controlled temp, it's a problem waiting to bite you in the ass.

It's one thing if the thermostat is keeping it that toasty, it's another if not enough airflow is doing it. That's not a controlled temp, it's a problem waiting to bite you in the ass.

But it doesn't explain everyones fear of running at stock temp for these engines. Whats the fear?

That's a different topic, but it's some more headroom for temp buildup when you get into some boostyness.

I am getting there, CAM is a tough crowd with some fast drivers, I think I am starting to get the hang of it a little bit.

The tough part for me is how little actual seat time you get. And we got lots of runs at HooDoo....But to give up 2 and a half days and get less than 15 mins of seat time is tough for me and my always busy brain.

Ill probably never be great at it as I love track time more. But I have been having fun. Aside from the Car dying I think the fox is a pretty competent car as it sits. I think I need to swap the A052 onto the 11" Wheels and get more contact patch and less shoulder bulge.

Find NWAA events on MSR. They keep the number of entrants low and you will get so much seat time you will be sitting on the sidelines watching, saving your tires. BCA does the same thing occasionally. I ran with them last year at an event that was limited to 25-30 drivers. I think I made 20+ runs that day. At the BCA hosted Audi event at PIR I made 30+ runs and put the car away because the front tires were done. That event finished them off.

Back