• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Source for wheel spacers?

thelostartof

unbalanced chemical
300+ Club
What is everyones favorite current source for wheel spacers for fwd wheels?

I know about motorsport tech and I would get a set from there if I was getting another set to keep on a car, same could be said about a set from IPD. But right now I have a car that I am going to be selling and putting fwd wheels on so while I am not looking to get the cheapest thing on the market I do not want to dump a ton of $ into something.

The ebay spacers with the correct center bore are also m14 studs so I am not to sure how well those will fit the older wheels that use the m12 bolts
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-25mm-1...241787?hash=item2f4877503b:g:towAAOSwgbxfOdjD

The few other sets I find on amazon do not have the centering ring and while I know they work I am not a huge fan of.

Where is everyone elses current fav source for reasonable priced wheel spacers?

While those are great I do not really want to put the time and effort into swapping all of the studs and use those nice spacers. Which reminds me I need to install the few sets of longer studs I have here on a few cars.

And hey you called it out so . . . you do not even have 7/9 studs in stock for the front? and are not the rear's 1/2" vs m12?

Rears are 1/2" (same as 240 stud)

For the front, I would recommend using a high quality stud and enlarging the hub a little bit.
I no longer stock the extended studs that I used to and the demand for 740 parts is so low that it does not make financial sense to make the production run necessary to offer them at an affordable price. I may start offering a kit with a stud as I am describing and include a drill bit with it.

Rears are 1/2" (same as 240 stud)

For the front, I would recommend using a high quality stud and enlarging the hub a little bit.
I no longer stock the extended studs that I used to and the demand for 740 parts is so low that it does not make financial sense to make the production run necessary to offer them at an affordable price. I may start offering a kit with a stud as I am describing and include a drill bit with it.

Really so you need 10 lug nuts of each type to put wheels on a 740?

:wtf:

Or is hub drilling ? the same?

For $60 I'm pretty sure they won't be hubcentric or have a centering ring. I never got a centering ring with spacers, even with H&R. They come with wheels in my experience. But wheel manufacturers will send them to you.

Motorsporttech.com they make custom spacers/adapter in house damn good price too. I paid $270 for 30mm 5x120-5x114.3 with 2 different hub bores.

What is everyones favorite current source for wheel spacers for fwd wheels?

Patience, and locate a "riding the project shelf" set of Gil Racing spacers, hubcentric. I run a set on the DD 9 sedan, have another for my 242 project (after I retire). Quality of these parts is outstanding all around. 1/2-20 threads a la 2 series..... use your factory 7/9 metric nuts to attach them, buy some Gorilla 1/2" dress nuts. NLA as you know, they've been out of business a long time. A set of these 25/32mm just sold this week on TB.... so they exist.

Back