• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230 Block Heaters...

own6volvos

He who controls the Spice
What is the best type of block heater to get? I noticed that volvo has one... how does the thing work? AC or DC current.. and are there any heaters that also connect in with the oil pump to circulate the oil?

Kevin

Honestly, do you need one? How cold does it get there? My car started up everytime at tempatures at minus 30 degree's celcius, for a month straight, everyday. I don't have a block heater.
So do you really need one?
If it got any colder than that here, I may get one, but it doesn't. I had one when I lived in the Yukon (very northern canada) and it would hit -50 for a month straight) Then you needed it :)

Jordan

I want one so I can get the block kinda heated... so i don't have to listen to the damn cold slap of a b230f engine... or I might just get longer skirt pistons.. :)

Kevin

GTJordan said:
Honestly, do you need one? How cold does it get there? My car started up everytime at tempatures at minus 30 degree's celcius.

Jordan
it is really much better if the block is already warm on the start up.
i use one when temperature gets below zero celsius.

why don?t you ask for it from your local Volvo dealer?

here in Finland almost all the cars are equipped with block heater.

Back