• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Another vote for coilovers and "tuned suspension"

I've always wondered - big noob energy inbound -.... lots of coilovers have adjustable spring perches to adjust ride height, no?

Obviously on the redblocks, without a mcpherson setup in the back, the ride height is solely determined by the rear spring height.

so one could theoretically adjust the front ride height via a coilover, but not the rear. right?

You can add adjusters in rear (look closely at the first post). But often we just do the math or follow a tried and true rate and length.

The upper spring perch is height-adjustable in the rear, as can bee seen in DET17s first post. In some applications the shock absorber "housing" length is also adjustable in the rear.

What about lesj?fors lovering springs and yellow koni shocks front and rear?
Then classicswedes 27mm anti-roll bars.
And polybushes all around and 225/40/17" tyres!

I think that if somebody had already bolt those pieces to his/her car and will give an information how it drives.

Then i have information about it. Information is always good, remember knowledge is power, horsepower, and driveability. If it handles like a sport car with those pieces i can spend money and buy those. If it handles lika a lowered old 240 then i had to go coilover route!

I understand what you’re asking and why you’re asking it. My point is, the chances of somebody putting together that exact package are slim to none. On top of that would you spent thousands of dollars based on someone’s opinion about how their car drives?

For what you are planning, take a look at Greg Ervin’s “project Volvo” thread. His car handles quite well for a 740 and it took quite a bit of experimenting to get it to do so.

I think that if somebody had already bolt those pieces to his/her car and will give an information how it drives.

Then i have information about it. Information is always good, remember knowledge is power, horsepower, and driveability. If it handles like a sport car with those pieces i can spend money and buy those. If it handles lika a lowered old 240 then i had to go coilover route!

Hi Jussi, I understand what you are saying, but when the first post from the thread starter begins with:

"Time for some testimony.

For the previous 10 years, I've run several lowering spring systems on my 940 sedan. The first rendition was IPD blue "sport springs" matched with Bils HD; this arrangement gave the car a sporty stance for sure, but underwhelmed on handling and suspension manners. The second rendition was B&G Progressive lowering springs matched with KONI Sports. This setup slightly outperformed the original in lateral handling but was worse mannered when encountering road disturbances.

The best, is definitely the last:
"

It seems like a lame question :)

Back