• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

Hey guys,

i have a serious Problem,

i am running an B230FB with an 951 ECU basically with the head shaved 1,5mm, H cam, and 315cc Bosch EV6 Injectors. I cant get my Head around Programming... The car has a Wideband installed and i burned a lot of EEPROMs but none seems to work... Idle and low Load is pig rich, WoT is m?h...
I tried several things:
Tinkering with Inj Const#4 to 2443, gives such low load, that WoT Lambda shutoff does not engage
Setting Inj Const #1 to the appropriate Value gives some good WoT Values, and Lambda Shutoff is working

BUT

on both Setups, Idle is Rich as f**k 10:1 or so, warm start does not work, too much Fuel
Rough running in low load, bad idle
I tried compentsating with the temp enrich afterstart, cranking values etc but nothing seems to work...
Sadly i do not have an Ostrich... I also tried klr142?s map he posted, but that does not to work also....

The car was fitted with an Cold Start Valve, which is gone now, because i used the Inlet Manifold of the FB Engine, which does not have the port for that, and i noticed that after 20 hours of porting the Manifold.... But that should not be an issue.

Exhaust Manifold is still Stock, witch stock downpipe, a 200cpsi Cat and 2,5" Catback exhaust.

I am just smashing my head, any advice is highly appreiciated.

Greetings from DE =)

Last edited:
I did what you are doing for way too long, being burning and re burning eproms instead of getting an ostrich. Honestly just get one, it's really not worth "tuning" lh without one.

Last edited:
Hi

Start with a stock fresh binary (untouched).
Do NOT change constant #4 (NA engines should always keep constant #4 at stock)
Disable both long and short time lambda routines.
For now do not touch any other settings/maps.

Adjust constant #1 until car drives and idles reasonably well with sensible lambda WB values.
When an acceptable #1 constant has been obtained you can leave this alone and start adjusting main fuelmap to your desires.
When main fuelmap is OK you can if needed adjust other parameters/maps

YS
JB

Thank you!
I will do so, but unfortunately i have to enable lambda control at some Point due to emissions Regulations in Germany. But i will see how it does.

Thanks a lot!

Finally I'm tryed to live tune LH ECU and... There is something wrong basically.
I disable lambda regulation, upload my firmware, adjust AFR on idle, low loads and high load. But how to adjust medium loads? I can't find a good recipe for it. Maybe you there can give me some advices?
In TunerPro I can't find a logging for RPM/LOAD table (mail fuel map) and I have no idea how to log tracing (and as we know trace is slow and sometime wrong).

Hi

LH can absolutely not be "live tuned" per se !

You can actually fry the ECU by changing parameters with engine running.
It is not possible to log the tracing in Tunerpro until someone makes a plugin for that.

Tuning of medium loads is same as all other LH tuning, it is primarily done in the main fuelmap.

YS
Jaybee

I have been able to do it most of the time too, but 0.01% of the time the car will royally **** itself and flood or crash the computer or go into weird unknown states. I don't do it anymore

Just a quick Update!

Sometimes things are not as they seem... I found the Issue. The FPR was faulty and it pumped fuel right in the Intake... Fixed that, and now it is running like it should! Thank you all!

And yes T?V is only once all 2 years =)

Finally got my junk on the dyno, using kyle's (klr142) every day mapping as part of the setup, in a later bin file with the e-fan compatibility. I also updated to include the later lambda constants, as I made a comparison sheet for those. The tune got put in a 984 casing and ran on the dyno for a cool 135whp@190Nm. 1500-2000 rpm needs some sorting, possibly some idle enrichment deal that could be improved, in general I'm happy.

jg3AhOYl.png

To repeat a small summary of the setup for reference:
10.3:1 b230k with stock 530 head
kg004 aka k camshaft
buchka wasted spark
218cc ev6 injectors
bigger J-pipe with turbo exhaust system
Chipped lh2.4 (own tune)

his website has been up and down a ton recently. definitely make a backup of the bins/xdfs. The jetronic part his site is borked right now but the rest of it works. The cert is about to expire as well.

If your referring to beepee, this is an old thread, he might not check as often any more. Jetronic.info appears to be down permanently, but if you tell me which ECU you have I might be able to provide on of the xdf files for looking at your bin.

Do you have a chip burner/ostrich to play around with stuff? Getting a wideband is also a good idea, given the nature of tuning on a old ECU that is partly understood:)

Yeah I am working with race cars and tuning softwares :) I have ostrich, cobra RTP...licensed tunerpro...all what is need.

Folks, as jetronic.info and the mirror on ipdown are n/a...can anybody help me out with some BIN and XDF Files for having fun with ostrich and tunerpro?

Back