• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Changed injectors and lines, no start '83 242 Turbo

mikeinariz

So for those purists it's an 83 2 door 240 GLT (yes, original flathood too).

Changed my fuel lines, sprayed out injectors and now no start. Fuel leaking from the #2 banjo nut on the fuel distributor, but no other leaks, smells. Injectors look dry. Thoughts?

I'm kind of an idiot and should not be doing this, but I thought, how tough is it to change/clean injectors? Busted my #2 line (replaced with 1 from Redwood Chair (thanks Ken!), and then promptly busted my #1 line and replaced all thanks to DavidSamuels (thanks Dave!)

Any advice would help, and berate me as needed.

Thanks!

If it has been along time since the injectors and lines were worked on. Disturbing the lines and injectors can bust enough internal rust loose to clog the injectors. Replace the leaking seal washers on the fuel distributor and put the injectors in bottles for a spray test. With the key off run the fuel pumps and lift the airflow plate to see if they spray. You are looking for a fine misted cone of fuel. A spray or stream is not ok. To run the pumps you use a fused clip lead to jumper from fuse five to seven.

Back