home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications > aftermarket engine management

Old 03-01-2021, 12:54 AM   #1
89-240gl+t
Board Member

Default Launch/no lift shift with MS v2

Hey guys thinking about adding launch control and no lift shift to my mega squirt. My car has a t5 trans, thinking about making a bracket and use the cruise control switch. Looks like the best spot is to mount the switch around the firewall area. Can anyone shed some light on what you guys did and how it’s wired up.
Rebuilt 93 B230FT block, KL Racing T3 Cam, Dual Valve Springs, 38/46 Valves, Ported, ARP Head Studs, T5WC, MSII-Extra, EDIS, Nathan Exhaust Manifold, Ebay Turbo , 90lb injectors, Full E85, 3" exhaust, Kaplhenke Coilovers Front/Rear Koni Race Single Adjustable’s, RX7 Brakes, IPD 25/25 sways

1965 122s

89-240gl+t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #2
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

I have a switch on the cluch that activates when I hit the pedal. I need to move the bracket and get a N.O. switch so it triggers at the bottom not the top of the throw. Still works pretty well

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #3
cwdodson88
Board Member

I used an old brake light switch on my 122. Wired per MS manual on a proto board that is actually the bracket for the switch. Then a switch on the dash to turn it on or off. Mine is adjusted so that it is right at the start of the engagement point. It seems to pull power down right as my trans lets pull out of one gear for a smooth transition to the next. The break in power is really small, and it takes some feel for how much to really dial it back. I started off using wheel speed/gear spread/rpm to find how far to kick back the rpm, and once I set it up how I liked it, I left it alone. Seems to do well. Logs show that my shifts are pretty quick and theres no lost boost.

The Build Thread
SVEA - PUSHROD TURBO!
cwdodson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:06 PM   #4
89-240gl+t
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdodson88 View Post
I used an old brake light switch on my 122. Wired per MS manual on a proto board that is actually the bracket for the switch. Then a switch on the dash to turn it on or off. Mine is adjusted so that it is right at the start of the engagement point. It seems to pull power down right as my trans lets pull out of one gear for a smooth transition to the next. The break in power is really small, and it takes some feel for how much to really dial it back. I started off using wheel speed/gear spread/rpm to find how far to kick back the rpm, and once I set it up how I liked it, I left it alone. Seems to do well. Logs show that my shifts are pretty quick and theres no lost boost.
That’s what I’m planning to do with mine as well, where do you have the switch located?
Old 03-08-2021, 12:04 AM   #5
89-240gl+t
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
I have a switch on the cluch that activates when I hit the pedal. I need to move the bracket and get a N.O. switch so it triggers at the bottom not the top of the throw. Still works pretty well
Thinking about just doing what you did so I dont have to make a bracket for the firewall. My clutch pretty much grabs up top so it should work out pretty well. Ill hopefully be sending you a log tomorrow or the next, my newly acquired 122 has been taking up all my free time...