• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LS drive by wire throttle body upgrade, anyone know anything?

I believe you guys, I just read that install thread and figured, screw that. Obviously that information was misleading at best.

Also, I can't use the truck accessories because the alternator was as tall as the intake.

DM0orWEl.jpg

Pretty sure they won't let me return it at this point.

wLrehYjl.jpg

Just use a Camaro alternator

THIS! And yes it is a PITA. Also factor in the PS pump location if running one. Yes, you will also need to buy a Camaro Alt to match the low mount.

I used ICT Billet relocation kit. There are plenty of other solutions as well, see which fits your needs.

Dont forget a water pump as well. Choose your poison here as well as different options exist.

Put an LS in a Volvo and make wicked skids... It will be easy they said... Yeah, maybe not so much.

tenor.gif

LS6 intake - clears the fat aluminum strut bar with plenty of room.
Corvette accessories - tucked down nice and low - didn't touch the hood. And shorter around the front end of the engine.

I basically had a bare front end of an engine to work with though. The main pulley was chipped, the truck water pump had a bent pulley, and the accessories were gone. And the tensioner felt 'dry'. So the only usable part I didn't use was the truck bracketry on the driver's side.

If you *really* want to spend money, Holley has a neat waterpump that has all the accessory brackets built into it. I think that's about as snug of a layout as you'll find.

Last edited:
I used ict's stuff. got the f-body location brackets with truck spacing (not 100% sure why really, probably the crank pulley and a/c compressor stuff). running a 2010 vvt camaro water pump (puts the outlet on the driver's side and has correct spacing for serp belt).

I used Dirty Dingo alternator relocation bracket. Swapped the alternator to high and p.s. to low position and kept all the stock truck accessories.

Back