• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best sounding muffler (2012 fartcan bump)

g3mccotter

On a b230ft with 3 inch straight piped all the way back what mufflers are people running that they like? For now just on the stock turbo and downpipe. I was looking at magnaflow because there readily available and somewhat cheap. But also vibrant. I am looking for 3" inlet 3" core and 3" outlet straight through. Can be bigger core and outlet but at least 3". I have been running an open downpipe for a few months now which I like but the sound isn't quite what I want anymore. I don't mind if its loud clearly I just want it to sound better.

Thanks

James

I'm using this
1148.jpg

Sounds good, some what stealthy. Vibrant 1148

I have a cherry bomb vortex at the stock location and a Jegs 3" glasspack at the end, still too loud IMHO. All 3" turbo back.

I am going to try the Dynomax VT with the exhaust flapper deal to see if it shuts the thing up until I am boosting, or just go with a damn 16V head so I don't feel like I'm driving a Deere to work everyday.

I was rocking a Borla on my 3in side exit when I still had my 240T. It sounded mint..

Very quiet idle, quiet but mean sounding midrange, and a very menacing growl up top and in boost.

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

:-P

But seriously, I've heard people having good luck with a couple straight through magnaflows.

Last edited:
flowmaster has a great beefy tone. Way quieter than a straight through. Never had any problems with that "flowmaster bad for turbos crap" either.

The 16v car sounds great with the borla xr1

I've got a 2.5"DP do pipe back straight piped to a 30$ thrush turbo muffler and it sounds great. its not loud at all. I love it!

I'm runninbg a stock Turbo (Walker) muffler on 2 1/2 pipe, and have a Pacesetter Monza twin 2 1/2 glasspack resonator tip.
Of all the combo's I've used the Pacesetter resonator gives the exhaust note a sweet rumble like a fine Euro sportscar, especially if you've got an engine to back it up with big cam. It does come in a 3" single glasspack resonator tip, had one on a built B20 in a 144, nice sound!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7drlCwzeFAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

magnaflow straight threw

I've got a 2.5"DP do pipe back straight piped to a 30$ thrush turbo muffler and it sounds great. its not loud at all. I love it!

Ditto - I'm running the same set-up - its pretty quiet over all. Not very aggressive, most people actually think my car is a turbo diesel cause you can hear the spool over the muffler :grrr:

That video was super helpful... anymore? For now we left the stock downpipe and went 3" stainless back to a 3" straight through magnaflow thats 18" long. Right now I don't like it, too quite not throaty enough for me. We will see when it packs out. I might just like 3" straight piped, I just wanted to get rid of some of the rasp hopefully with the muffler but it got rid of everything basically.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7drlCwzeFAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

magnaflow straight threw

That sounds pretty awesome! I wouldn't mind a throaty mild sound like that

I run a 3 inch exhaust with a magnaflow center inlet center outlet with stainless tip sounds great

Last edited:
Back