• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH 2.4 Flywheel

As an FYI: if you're planning on doing the Saab viggen 228/215 PP you will need a flywheel that has the dowel pins clocked in between the bolt holes, not next to them.

You're saying this PP

https://m.eeuroparts.com/Parts/65656/Pressure-Plate-Viggen-3082302731/

(Sorry for mobile link)

Fits this flywheel? Flat, machines for 60-2, pins near bolt holes instead of the middle.

https://m.imgur.com/8Av5100

Again sorry for the mobile links. I probably shouldn't TB on my phone, too many spelling errors.

No...the other way around. The flat flywheel that works with the Saab Viggen PP has the dowel pins spaced between the tapped holes, not next to them.

You can see the dowel pin/bolt hole relationship in the pic VeroDubs posted:
EDFE3740-5C84-4EC9-9631-DFBBEAF4D105_zpsv8qpqpag.jpg

No...the other way around. The flat flywheel that works with the Saab Viggen PP has the dowel pins spaced between the tapped holes, not next to them.

You can see the dowel pin/bolt hole relationship in the pic VeroDubs posted:
EDFE3740-5C84-4EC9-9631-DFBBEAF4D105_zpsv8qpqpag.jpg

I see that now. I'm just going to get the PP drilled for the dowels, and go with that PP, and probably a turdbo coupe disc, it'll be cheaper than a full custom setup, and hold the 250 torques (right?) I imagine I will stop at.

What type of torque does a b230ft, IPD cam, and 13lbs make? I could be wrong in my estimations, you are right though, a slightly better disc would be better for margin of error.

I would say if the SVO came stock with 250 ft-lb, that disc has to be good for 25-30% max capacity. Which would put max capacity around 325 ft-lbs /conjecture

I see that now. I'm just going to get the PP drilled for the dowels, and go with that PP, and probably a turdbo coupe disc, it'll be cheaper than a full custom setup, and hold the 250 torques (right?) I imagine I will stop at.

I don't think there's enough room on the PP to drill it and have the pins closer to the bolt holes :wtf:

Back