• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Modifying intake ports with epoxy, experiences thereof

Dammit

+8cm
This is something that is fairly uncontentious when it comes to motorcycle race engines, but does anyone have direct experience of doing it with a road car engine?

Context: we need to build up the short side radius to hit a certain flow number.

Njal has played with this, certain epoxies can work in the head... others are just good enough for flow bench or a few dyno runs.

Being honest - I don't know, this is for an NA engine that we're turning to 8-8,500 rpm.

Your conjecture makes sense to me though- with a turbo engine you have constant positive pressure, so manifold resonance tuning and velocity is (I would think) not so important as it is to an NA engine.

Disclaimer: none of the following should be taken as an absolute.

Short side radius is crap on these heads to the point where it would be more accurate to say that the a/f mixture skips across the back of the valve rather than makes the turn. Not entirely, but it illustrates a point. That limits the amount of valve curtain area the mix is trying to use, hampering flow. If you can help center the lot to be perpendicular to the back of the valve, it'll help flow, which I read to be the OP's goal.

Do rules prevent you from tigging this up?

This isn't a Volvo head, btw - it's a Porsche M96:

28073504307_24cdd96666_b.jpg

29069764088_88e09110c3_b.jpg

Back