• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

I was driving the car the other day, and it lost a ton of power and started surging on the highway, got it to work luckily and checked the basics on it. Fuel pressure was good, went to 100psi right away with the return line clamped off. Found that the number 5 spark plug was completely fouled out. So I unplugged the injectors and commanded the fuel pump on for about 1 minute and then cranked it with no plugs in it. No fuel shot out so I'm guessing the injector is okay. Pulled the valve cover and for some reason I think the cam was cut a little bit off. I found one of the push rods was too long. Super odd, so I ordered one pushrod for it and it's fine now. I have started on the fuel system for it and I'm hoping it works out the way I planned. Also the rest of the turbo parts are in and I got my Arduino standalone boost controller for it. So that should be interesting to test out. Now to tear it down and get the turbo installed and get the cuttout situated as well as the complete fuel system overhaul. Going to throw on a truck intake as well and see if it will clear the hood so I can squeeze a little more power out of it and iff it clears good I will see if the bread box intake clears as well. I have had some interesting things also happen to it and now I'm thinking I may need to get the converter swapped out in it because the car is making enough power now to push it to like 6500 rpm and it feels flat. Oh well more time and money but hoping by the fall I'll have it all sorted and hit the track

Weird, so your pushrod grew in length? Maybe it got a little to "excited" at the thought of all the power to come. Did you take limp measurements or...?

I think you should make a lexan mailbox hood scoop for this car, like Finnegan's Blasphemi has.

Let me know if you have any other turbo setup questions or concerns; I'm happy to advise wherever possible. I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what this thing can do with the GTX4202R on there. It's funny because in relative terms that's a nice new modern turbo, but the 42 family was the first one we gave the GTX treatment to, and that was over 10 years ago now. C'est la vie!

I think you should make a lexan mailbox hood scoop for this car, like Finnegan's Blasphemi has.

Ha! fab aluminum ala "Two Lane Blacktop"

srojnse1kleekygv7i5p.jpg

Haha I can't stand hood scoops. I am going to make a duct of some sort to where I can remove my passenger side high beam and use it as a velocity stack at the track

Also I have 55 150 like that in the picture, not going gasser. Going road race with it instead

Rad. Did you pick that up recently or is it some secret project we've never been privy to? Pics? I've secretly always wanted a '55 2-door, since I was like 10 years old. I guess the secret is out.

Rad. Did you pick that up recently or is it some secret project we've never been privy to? Pics? I've secretly always wanted a '55 2-door, since I was like 10 years old. I guess the secret is out.

I'll throw some pictures up, its been on the works for a long time, well not really been worked on. I bought it back in 2011 as a roller for 500 bucks. It's really straight, no cancer rust. It's getting hopefully a big bore lt5 with a 6speed, it's sitting on a brand new chassis with c4 suspension as well. Right now it's just sitting in storage waiting. It's a father son deal so we are just trying to get all of our own projects done so we can tear into it

I'm thinking about putting the China 78/75 on the car, Dyno running it and running it on the track. Then swapping on the Garrett on. The wheel size on the intake and exhaust wheels are nearly identical. What I want to do is a buget vs bucks up and see if the extra cost is worth it. I think it will be interesting to see the difference

I'm thinking about putting the China 78/75 on the car, Dyno running it and running it on the track. Then swapping on the Garrett on. The wheel size on the intake and exhaust wheels are nearly identical. What I want to do is a buget vs bucks up and see if the extra cost is worth it. I think it will be interesting to see the difference

My guess if the Garrett is a GT/GTX, you may not as as much a peak difference number as feel it in response on the street.

It's a GTX4202R, with a 102mm compressor wheel, and 82mm turbine (both major diameters). Would need to keep in mind wheel sizes and turbine A/R to make it a meaningful comparison.

What are the compressor exducer and turbine inducer of the China 78/75?

Back