• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My '91 744 B204GT project

Not much has been done as I have been spending time on some amazing hiking trips around the world...but at least something. The rusty master cylinder has been visually irritating me for some time as it was the only remaining rusty thing in the engine bay. Originally I just wanted to repaint it but lately I've decided to replace it...to make sure the old seals don't let me down.

Old one out
nV6Ke05h.jpg

Side by side
ZOjNWEBh.jpg

New one in
4fFfdQJh.jpg

I have bench bleeded the new one, also I've bought the pressure bleeder so I just need to get some brake fluid and bleed the system again.

So...piston rings installed, also the conrods from maxspeeding using the assembly lube. Fit is nice and tight without any machining required, looks good so far!

Qen5AUHh.jpg

2yj6hzxh.jpg

Very nice project so far.
I'm rebuilding a B234F of a 940 to a B230F to be used in my 242.
I dessembled the B234f engine this week to have it all measured en the heads cleaned. I'm gonna pick up a late B230F soon, which is going to be the bottom end.

Did you do some upgrades to the head (valves or lifters), im not sure if i should upgrade someting there now im at it.

INA hydros and ford 4.6l springs :)
INA hydros is what I have used too. What is the benefit of the ford springs? Somehow I have missed this upgrade but I could still easily do it as the head is apart...

PS: ok already reading the threads...https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=197187 and http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=190475...where do you get the VS1632 springs nowadays? I just quickly checked the rockauto, ebay and some local shops with zero results...

Last edited:
Did you do some upgrades to the head (valves or lifters), im not sure if i should upgrade someting there now im at it.
As far as I understood the head is quite good for the power levels I am aiming (300-350hp) so there were no real upgrades, just cleaned everything and replaced what was worn (lifters, seals, valve stems).

Well after some research it seems there is a replacement of the VS1632 spring with a part number VS1268. It shows both in the rockauto catalog for 4.6l ford engines and in the interchange part number table (VS-1268, VS-1632 being the same).
Can someone confirm this?

To bad it isn't a 2.3 diameter.:oops:

Thanks for the INA hyodrolic lifter tip, they are quite cheap @ daparto.de.
Because i'm building an NA motor i think i will keep the stock springs.

Or did you find some affordable in EU?

New piston set will still take few weeks, so in the meantime I am taking care of the 3rd gear mod of the M90 :oogle: the transmission is apart, now waiting for the gear puller and then the ring will be welded as discussed >here<.

Oh, and also the VS1268 Ford valve springs are on the way ;-)

aPvCEeth.jpg

52ILG0Kh.jpg

Back