• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Aggressive Street Alignment Specs

-2.3 degrees of camber and 5 degrees of caster. 1/8" toe in combined.

Don't be surprised if the alignment guy has no idea how to get those settings. Unless its a race friendly shop half the techs don't know what to do if the computer doesn't tell them which screw to turn.

He is spot on with this. Leave the alignment apes behind and use this setup, FASTRAX, 2 wheel only. Been working on my vehicles just fine....

search Amazon, I can't link using the wife's stink pad...:wtf:

You need camber plates and coilovers to get those numbers. Stock spring diameter is too large. Caster isn't adjustable unless you have adjustable strut mounts, like these ...

http://www.kaplhenke.com/collections/240/products/240-adjustable-strut-mounts

or adjustable control arms

Shameless self promotion. :-P But it works

track31.jpg

So with the extra castered ball joint on power steering cars, can you get the passenger side to match or come close on caster? Is it ok to have delta between the two?

Alignment guy is willing to give it a shot, and I've known him a long time so I trust him. He has set up other cars with camber plates.

You need camber plates and coilovers to get those numbers. Stock spring diameter is too large. Caster isn't adjustable unless you have adjustable strut mounts, like these ...

http://www.kaplhenke.com/collections/240/products/240-adjustable-strut-mounts

or adjustable control arms

Do you have a product info/installation sheet for the mounts? That's one thing he asked for besides the specs I want. I was pretty excited when I recognized the third pic!

I cut the pattern for the plate out of the strut tower, so I have the factory slots in the front (left two holes here). They're clocked different right now, how does that play into the plates or does it?

E2fXyBV.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a product info/installation sheet for the mounts? That's one thing he asked for besides the specs I want.

What do you need besides alignment numbers? There are 4 bolts and 3 sliding paths. If he can't figure out which way to adjust it for negative camber run away as fast as you can.

What do you need besides alignment numbers? There are 4 bolts and 3 sliding paths. If he can't figure out which way to adjust it for negative camber run away as fast as you can.

Fair enough, he hasn't even looked at the car so I think he's just looking to avoid any surprises or hang ups... seemed reasonable to me. We'll see how it goes.

If he has never seen the product before, it's fair to give him a photo or diagram.

I remember the first time Bne saw a triangle, and Towery had to show him how to handle it without poking an eye out.

If he has never seen the product before, it's fair to give him a photo or diagram.

I remember the first time Bne saw a triangle, and Towery had to show him how to handle it without poking an eye out.

:lol:

The good ole days

back when you could buy "new" 240s ;-)

My opinion, having worn out many sets of tires by using aggressive specs while waiting for that autocross to come along:
I would go -1.5 camber, +4 caster, and enough toe to keep the tire wear at bay. 0.1 -0.2 degrees positive.

Ended up going with this. Feels good so far, car is much more fun now. Thanks for the tips.

Back