• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Thanks! Would have had him if the ECU had not entered knock enrichment/timing pullback mode on the 2-3 shift from all the detonation, or the big bog at the starting line that allowed Ole to jump a car length in front of me at the 60' mark. Once I get the tuning sorted this thing will hit high 13s without any additional boost.

That is, once I get my MS all set up because EZK is garbage in high boost applications.

i ran 30psi on ezk with no issues, dont blame the engine management, blame the owner :p

bent all the rods on pump with no chips on 850 turbo injectors. bro

25 psi on the holset on a b230f+t on 91 with no issues or bent rods :p

get your **** sorted

Been having some random engine quits here and there. Since the car was going way lean right before quitting I determined the fuel pump relay was the prime suspect. Was not disappointed. Seems like all of the relays manufactured during the mid-90s have issues where solder joints crack and require reflowing. None of my late 80s or early 90s (through '92) relays seem to have this issue (this one has a 1996 mfg date stamp):

The ones with the copper contacts re-flow and fight another round a little better...
...not sure on exact dates of that.

Sorting out a whole car to work together as a system, 100 or 300hp can be a life occupation.

;-) Sort sort sort. It's what makes a car a really good car.

Learning this the hard way. Over and over again.

bent all the rods on pump with no chips on 850 turbo injectors. bro

25 psi on the holset on a b230f+t on 91 with no issues or bent rods :p

get your **** sorted

Bro, you know what bro? Bro bro bro bro bro. That's right, bro.

The ones with the copper contacts re-flow and fight another round a little better...
...not sure on exact dates of that.

Sorting out a whole car to work together as a system, 100 or 300hp can be a life occupation.

It's the truth. It's driveable as is, just commands a lot of timing. There is plenty of blow-by and lowish idle vacuum which are fine, it just drives like a slightly tired engine. It really does not like being driven hard below 40 mph all that much.

One of the items in the wishlist is to find a nice B21FT block to recondition. Maybe put a nice set of rods and pistons in it too, more to lighten up the rotating assembly above anything else. B230 would work too but I already have fairly expensive peripherals mounted to the current block and would rather not mess with that.

So the original rear end gave up the ghost on my drive home last Friday. Got it out of the car in 45 minutes and called it a day as the family had a dinner party to attend. Saturday evening the work resumed. I planned on swapping my shortened studs in order to fit the wheels but once going, I realized that I had hammered most of them a little too hard, which made thread engagement impossible. ****. Reinstalled old studs, knurling on one was stripped, so I spent 3 hours cutting the ****er out. That was fun. Bolted everything back together, noticed on the test drive that the rear parking brakes are dragging. Awesome. Got to look at it again this Friday. I hate this car <s>sometimes</s> almost all the time now.

D1E7A58A-B4C2-44BE-A2E0-751590488A49.jpg

5B6BFBEC-D1B9-417B-9FEB-5A7448426120.jpg

300FA1CF-C396-486A-A581-B84EE72220AD.jpg

Back together. It really does look a lot better with the rear spacers on...

0C42E5EF-7B20-4DF5-9B13-E16A6E60E51E.jpg

Sadly I am not going to be able to install the Truetrac along with everything else :-(

DC4E2FE7-271D-4817-80D6-85137DA03DAA.jpg

Last edited:
I hate this car <s>sometimes</s> almost all the time now.

I go back and forth pretty regularly like that, I either jump out going "I LOVE THIS THING" or I'm parking it in frustration and wondering what I did to deserve this thing ruining my life :lol: I figure it's just part of the deal, we're all a little crazy for sure.

Yes indeed. Good work keeping that doll on the road.

I go back and forth pretty regularly like that, I either jump out going "I LOVE THIS THING" or I'm parking it in frustration and wondering what I did to deserve this thing ruining my life :lol: I figure it's just part of the deal, we're all a little crazy for sure.

Thanks. And then this happens. Parents backed into it not once, but twice. Also managed to get the rear to stick out a good foot into the road. I'm fully expecting them to flat out refuse to pay for the replacement parts, because that's how they are. I also already made a hit-and-run claim within the last 12 months from when a Prius rear-ended us, so opening another claim would make my premium skyrocket. This car is becoming so frustrating...through no real fault of its own, but still.

This is why we can't have nice things :rant:

E06BB980-B76D-477C-AE97-2EA54EDC1A36.jpg

5EA21A49-7FCF-49D4-B08A-2262E2D2F41D.jpg

771FC2DF-217B-4C51-9DD4-9A556A67B4CC.jpg

So I figured out the noise the brakes were making. Turned out to be a slightly bent dust shield making contact with the rear rotor hat. Much better.

Runs nicely except lean at low speed, making for a slightly shuddery driving experience. Kind of at a loss here. Coolant temp sender gives out an accurate resistance reading at the ECU. MAF wiring is still somewhat suspect. Going to have to test voltages at ECU plug again, I guess.

having more straight pipe before the amm can help somewhat as well. The idea is to minimize turbulence through the amm. That way it can get a more accurate reading.

Nope. Going to borrow a tap from my father in law tomorrow and do it. Do you have any of manifold port plugs by any chance?

Back