• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New owner from Illinois

yugo4life

Hey all,

Just picked up a silver on black 1984 244 in October. My second Volvo ever but first 240. I have always wanted one and this came up at just the right time! My first was a V50 T5 that I picked up with a snapped timing belt that I ended up just replacing the engine in. I picked this 244 up for $300 and was able to drive it home!

I have since replaced most of the exhaust, heater core (hack way), blower motor/resistor (right way), and AW70 shifter bushings. It still has many more issues, but I love driving it! I will add pictures as soon as I figure out how (think I got it now).

Is there a reason I only see two threads in the "website & board" section? In the "General" section, it shows 2500ish threads, but only two seem to show up.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/igisDR01kNeDHKAjdlzEGlVKTLA7zGISfmJkDTHopRy

Last edited:
Welcome! Where at in Illinois?

I am in the Peoria area. I see you are in St. Louis, all my family is spread between Arnold and Bonne Terre. I will actually be visiting this weekend for a planned Ikea trip, but I won't be bringing the Swede steed. :(

Welcome, a lot of us use Imgur, at least I do. Works well except when I upload a bunch of pics at one time it doesn't keep them in order.

I am in the Peoria area. I see you are in St. Louis, all my family is spread between Arnold and Bonne Terre. I will actually be visiting this weekend for a planned Ikea trip, but I won't be bringing the Swede steed. :(

Cool! I grew up in East Peoria, I'll be up there for Christmas.

Hopefully yours was maintained better than the last 240 I bought in Peoria.

Welcome!

At this point in time, I trust nothing that the PO (or the last 2 PO's) did. It has rust in the pans and they used spray in house insulation to fill the gaps. I saw this when I bought it, but that stuff can be tough to remove when I finally get around to fixing it. But, for $300, I expect certain shortcomings.

Back