• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

show your wheels!

Team Dynamic Pro Race 2.0s 18x8

jjeqU.jpg

Bit clueless about offset values here..

If I were to use a 17"x8 rim on a lowered 240 what offset is needed to let it sit inside the fender without hitting the strut?

Want to use a 225/45 tire.

I'm running 17x8, 225/45, and 20mm offset in the front of my 244. I have no fender rubbing issues at 2.5-3" lower than stock, and the sidewall of the tire is about 3/8" from the strut tube, which is plenty of clearance for sidewall deflection under cornering loads.

5.5 outers? weren't the inners 4? or did you change both? looks awesome. I thought about doing that, but with 265/45/16.

Bit clueless about offset values here..

If I were to use a 17"x8 rim on a lowered 240 what offset is needed to let it sit inside the fender without hitting the strut?

Want to use a 225/45 tire.
ET20 will put the tire almost touching the strut tube.

I'd use ET15.

ET3 will fit with the fender lips rolled flat and a 2.5" ID spring will fit down next to the tire.

^^We measured the inners and they were 4.5in. 5.5in outters are going in the back and the 4.5in outers are going on the front. So a total of 16x10in and 16x9in. A little poke and stretch should look good

Last edited:
I'm running 17x8, 225/45, and 20mm offset in the front of my 244. I have no fender rubbing issues at 2.5-3" lower than stock, and the sidewall of the tire is about 3/8" from the strut tube, which is plenty of clearance for sidewall deflection under cornering loads.

ET20 will put the tire almost touching the strut tube.

I'd use ET15.

ET3 will fit with the fender lips rolled flat and a 2.5" ID spring will fit down next to the tire.

Thanks guys! :clap:

Guess 16x10 et -25 is not going to get a lot of love here :oops:

318624_2397999841569_1598191668_2190779_2013281971_n.jpg

No, the wheels are awesome, just don't stretch like crazy and have a noticeable gap between the edge of the tire and the lip of the rim. Also, make sure to get the whole setup under the fender. Do these things and turbobricks will want your wheelbabies.

Though I'm sure some people will wonder why you didn't go with some 315's and a bunch of rake like a dragster. No accounting for taste, I guess. :lol:

Poke/stretch looks amazing if done with taste--> Everything in moderation. Should have close to an inch in poke for all four wheels in theory.Not a lot but done with class and makes a quiet statement. I would love to run 15x12 old Porsche wheels but I know I will look like a bona fide moron. I'm just not a fan of grandpa status aka 14x5.5 coronas and wheel gap. Guess I'll never get into Volvo Club of America since I'm a car ruining punk :raincloud:

Who knows how to get rid of a powdercoat layer fast ?
Good commercial paint strippers have been banned since last year, and I dont feel like driving an hour to my buddy with a paint shop today :)

Back