• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

fueltank breather delete? 945 LH2.4

MadDog_945

Våga Vägra 8V
Hey guys.. i was wonderering what you guys did to the OEM fuelfumes coalfilter thingy.

I believe i deleted it with just having the hardlines disconnected back then. Is there a best practice or does it work out if i just connect the two ports at the intank unit with a breather valve?

its vacuum lines were bad so it was essentially disconnected anyway :D yeah.. maybe its better to keep it,but it wont fit my enginebay anymore.. anyone knows a good, affordable alternative to it?

in 240 it is pretty out of the way, where is on 9?
Between the IC/radiator and the frame rail (bottom of the pic). Not that bad on a stock-ish setup at least.
71222-b6806b3c73163d8f0983aea425718f94.jpg

On the 240 with lh2.4 it can safely be left off. Plug the two holes in the throttle body, but keep the roll over valve near the fuel tank. The valve stops fuel gushing out in an accident but still allows air movement under normal operation. I assume the 940 setup is the same apart from the physical positions of the components. It weighs next to nothing and is generally out of the way, so there is not much to be gained by removing it.

Get rid of that durn hippie tree hugger crap and have the interior of your car reek of fuel vapor lahk a real man!!!

On the 240 with lh2.4 it can safely be left off. Plug the two holes in the throttle body, but keep the roll over valve near the fuel tank. The valve stops fuel gushing out in an accident but still allows air movement under normal operation. I assume the 940 setup is the same apart from the physical positions of the components. It weighs next to nothing and is generally out of the way, so there is not much to be gained by removing it.

The problem right now: i dont have any of the stuff left, so i need to "rebuild" the whole system ;)

Wanted to buy a filter from an BMW e39, but i think the roll over valve solution sound also good to me ;)

Back