home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 01-30-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
VB242
$599 Volvos

Default Counterfeit Deka injectors

I bought these injectors that were supposed to be 80lb/hr Siemens Deka injectors from KSM motorsports on Ebay. The quality seemed a little suspect so I did a little googling and it turns out they're fakes. I then bought some from Quantum Fuel Systems off Ebay for another $25 or so and they appear to be genuine.

One tell tale is the matte finish blue on the fake and the shiny blue on the real one and the hole above the shoulder on the fake and below on the real one.

Also the nozzle hole on the fake is larger than the real one and the fake had DEKA cast in it while the real one did not. There's a Facebook post that details these differences
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...64255713684065

Just a heads up, they are taking the fakes back but definitely buyer beware.
Chturd- keepyerfilthyhandsoffMYMONEY
VB242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:25 PM   #2
dl242gt
Happy playing the blues

With all the fake information on fakebook. I'm not so sure I'd believe what someone posts there. Not saying what you have isn't a fake. Just saying....
dl242gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 09:50 PM   #3
VB242
$599 Volvos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl242gt View Post
With all the fake information on fakebook. I'm not so sure I'd believe what someone posts there. Not saying what you have isn't a fake. Just saying....
There was an obvious difference in quality, the mold flashing, etc. that made me take a second look.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:54 AM   #4
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

you know you can get legit ones from josh and they're not crazy expensive, right

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
JohnMc
PV Abuser

I tired a set of 'Genuine OEM really not kidding' (OK, they didn't have that last part) Denso injectors on my 4Runner when one of the originals got flaky when warm. Even up close, they looked perfect. Really really good looking fakes. Of course, being sold new at 1/4 the price should certainly be a clue. And if they spent as much time getting them to work right as they did on the way they looked, they'd probably be OK.

Oh yeah,. not boxes, they just came in little plain clear plastic baggies. Seller says they 'buy them in bulk'. Yeah, anyhow, uneven idle, long cranks to start warm or cold (clearly leaking down after shutoff). I drove them for about 150 miles and took them off, Seller accepted the return without much of a fuss (drive them for at least 100 miles to 'break them in', WTF).

The funny thing is that the next batch of fake Deka's will probably have those cosmetic flaws corrected. The people making them almost certainly look at 'how to spot a fake' guides when working on the next version.
'93 245 16VT Classic #1141
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:37 PM   #6
VB242
$599 Volvos

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
you know you can get legit ones from josh and they're not crazy expensive, right
No didn't know
Old 02-01-2021, 02:17 AM   #7
cosbySweater
Board Member

Quantum? You mean the guys that sell knock off fuel pumps that sound like cement mixers? Looks like your on the right track!

Imo return them and spend the money with a reputable vendor.your pistons will thank you later
2013 VW Passat TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricktop420 View Post
Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:56 AM   #8
VB242
$599 Volvos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosbySweater View Post
Quantum? You mean the guys that sell knock off fuel pumps that sound like cement mixers? Looks like your on the right track!

Imo return them and spend the money with a reputable vendor.your pistons will thank you later
Yikes, they had a 99.6% positive feedback, maybe I will, I haven't installed them yet
Old 02-01-2021, 10:10 AM   #9
JohnMc
PV Abuser

The eBay seller I bought the fake Denso's from had a high 90's feedback as well. I figure that half is astroturfed, half is clueless people who got a part and saw no issues, and the rest they just promptly refund to keep quite. I didn't do feedback at all, I was just happy to get a 100% refund.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:36 PM   #10
VB242
$599 Volvos

I'm returning both sets and ordered some from Josh.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:43 PM   #11
Texas240
Prius Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
I tired a set of 'Genuine OEM really not kidding' (OK, they didn't have that last part) Denso injectors on my 4Runner when one of the originals got flaky when warm. Even up close, they looked perfect. Really really good looking fakes. Of course, being sold new at 1/4 the price should certainly be a clue. And if they spent as much time getting them to work right as they did on the way they looked, they'd probably be OK.

Oh yeah,. not boxes, they just came in little plain clear plastic baggies. Seller says they 'buy them in bulk'. Yeah, anyhow, uneven idle, long cranks to start warm or cold (clearly leaking down after shutoff). I drove them for about 150 miles and took them off, Seller accepted the return without much of a fuss (drive them for at least 100 miles to 'break them in', WTF).

The funny thing is that the next batch of fake Deka's will probably have those cosmetic flaws corrected. The people making them almost certainly look at 'how to spot a fake' guides when working on the next version.
Ive been there. I bought some fantastic looking 5.3 injectors off of a eBay. Even had the individual injectors in the factory GM packages to find out they we're leaking. Ended up being cheaper taking the OEM ones to get cleaned at a diesel injector place. They're getting good at replicating fakes.