• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ah technology...but how deceiving is it?

Josepilove

Well, i finally got the wheel bearing junk all settled out, so the car rolls on its own, which is nice, so i decided to try this thing i have on my iTouch called Dynolicious. According to the makers and other people who have tested it against the real deal, its pretty dern accurate.
IMG_0001.PNG

IMG_0002.PNG

IMG_0003.PNG

my launch was awful...i didn't know when the thing started...and i wanted to make sure that no one was coming on the road...so i had a late start...

I want to do it a few more times and in a couple different cars to see how accurate it is, but its kinda neat.

BTW, this is with a t25 @6psi, hicomp NA pistons, Kcam(straight up), m47, clutchnet 4puck(started to slip around 85), mild porting and a small (2.5) side exit exhaust

"Formula One drivers usually experience 5 g while braking, 2 g while accelerating, and 4 to 6 g while cornering" - per wikipedia...

haha, ok , perhaps its not calibrated quite right yet....

yeah, I agree on that 106mphbeing wrong

there is a video on testing its accuracy to a dyno, then to a g-tech or whatever those things are called, and then testing them both on a track, with actual times, the iphone was the most accurate in every aspect, and really accurate in determining HP aswell.

Works on the built in accelerometers inside of the iphone, no connection to the car at all, you could stick it on a go cart and do a test if you wanted.

Does it work off GPS also? I don't know if the Iphone has one, but I assume it does. That would work or atleast help it out.

Jordan

no GPS, the iTouch doesnt have a GPS. I think i need to calibrate it better than then get the start proper. Also, i just had it sitting on the coin tray thingy...i want to get some velcro or something, i think that will help, both with calibrating and with the actual tests. Im curious to see what setups other people use and their results.

so you don't have an iphone? ohh, thats why your MPH are off man, the iphone does use GPS for calculating speed. Also if the thing isn't mounted perfectly, e.g. doesn't move around at all. then it will skew the results, especially your launch.

so you don't have an iphone? ohh, thats why your MPH are off man, the iphone does use GPS for calculating speed. Also if the thing isn't mounted perfectly, e.g. doesn't move around at all. then it will skew the results, especially your launch.

Pretty sure it doesn't use GPS for this app, iPhone or not. Yeah the biggest thing is it needs to be mounted very securely.

Back