• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kenny's 1990 740 GLE, goin' for 9's

it all depends on what your goals are.
anyway, progress:
bottom half of the head is on the block, attached with mah new rsi headstuds. bliing. sealed up the freeze plug caps, might toss a coat of blue on there, might not. got the front and rear seal housings installed as well, pulled the intake valves out of the head, cleaned up the ports (apparently when the engine was 'on fire' it was coming out of the head on the intake side) and re-lapped the valves for good measure. pics in first post.

did nothing last night, too tired. teus night I started cleaning up the surfaces on the cam box after finishing out the evo head (hah, finally, bout to be a TON of free workbench space, thing is scattered all over). need to get the top end buttoned up on the volvo motor so I can flip it over and get the oil pan, pump, etc bolted back on.

then I've just gotta fix manifolds and transmissions and and and and

Having thicker tubes is great for a drag car, but useless on a daily driver as far as allowing the radiator behind it to work.

Did you contemplate an ice box/water to air cooler? or is it limited i the class to air to air?

Having thicker tubes is great for a drag car, but useless on a daily driver as far as allowing the radiator behind it to work.

Did you contemplate an ice box/water to air cooler? or is it limited i the class to air to air?

thought about it. The thicker core doesn't affect operation of the radiator as much as you'd like to think. I've got a thicker intercooler on the evo and it's out in front of everything, no problems with coolant temps nor the a/c. at 12 inches high, the intercooler is hardly cutting off direct flow to the radiator.. your condenser and ****bomb OEM intercooler are doing far worse things to your car than this does to mine.

127354272.jpg

hm, new manifold is going to require a fair amount of work to fit. it's resting on the frame rail in that picture.

Hehehe.... but look at the welds!:rofl:

Will a similar, but I assume larger, notch like you had for the old setup do it?

Any more pics?;-):nod:

no, this isn't the transmission tunnel.

Scrapped it? You weren't sounding too positive last we chatted...

what? no... the car hasn't been around long enough to scrap

Its not THAT big of a notch. Fits like glove on OJ now. ;-)

err that would imply that it doesn't fit.. which isn't the case :-P

So there's a notch? You've seen the notch? I wanna see the notch.

Notch.

Notcho-problem.

I touched the notch.

decapitated the mockup motor last night, and ordered a pair of TiAL MVS 38's. hopefully today I'll buy the 1600's and just have some AN stuff and misc things left (oh, and a turbo rebuild/replacement). Might not make the SE deadline, but I oughta make the IFO deadline.

Back