• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the heebspeed 940

not exactly sure yet where I'm going to put it, will work on that sunday.

You know you want to?

DSC_0970-2.jpg

(Yes I know that one is an oil cooler.)

outa town sat, and today was spent pulling a couple (big) bits off kent's wrecked 240, so there wasn't a lot of progress on the 940. tossed some header wrap on the manifold, got the breather stuff fixed and mounted, and that was about it. the weather and other things will probably conspire against me this week, but we'll see.

and back in. **** always takes 3x longer than it should (tracking down brackets you had a day earlier, etc). tl;dr: carport is a wreck and I can't find ****. but it's back in the hole. left the dipstick in the tube, broke that. whoops. somehow snagged the rubber stop on the cross member and bent it down, never had that happen before, but whatever. a minute with a piece of 2x4 and a floor jack popped it mostly back in place. prybar will finish the job.

I wanted to get the bulk done before this stupid ****ty weather hits, so I can clean up the workroom.

so pics, whatevs...

before dinner:
154279211.jpg

at about 9:20pm
154279212.jpg

and in
154279213.jpg

just bolted in right now, broke the dip stick (damnit I always forget to take that ****ing thing out), and may have fragged my wideband sensor, we'll see. for whatever reason, it didn't want to go in as smoothly as it came out. bent a bracket and tweaked my condenser as well, but that seems to be mostly cosmetic.

Aaaah never knew you're using a J-Pipe :)

@Brett... the Standard manifold was good for "Ett gammalt R?dblock" Hedberg Moby Flowers 16v action thingy...

if I ever get bored I may make a manifold for it, but before then I'll probably sell the 16v stuff and put a 2j in.

still cold out... still causing slow progress. replaced the busted heater control valve with an advanced special. fuel lines hooked up, converter bolted up to flex plate, linkage attached, driveshaft bolted up, a/c compressor bolted up and a/c system all attached (need to pull a vacuum on it now and make sure it's still leak free), exhaust hooked up, trans cooler lines attached to the transmission (and looped up front, not exactly sure where I'm going to mount the cooler yet)

gotta work late tomorrow, and might work late friday as well (since I've been hosed out of two days of work now due to the weather), but the forecast for the weekend is 60's, so I should be able to plow through the remainder of the stuff and have a running car saturday or sunday. that'll be nice. Then I can drag the gold car in for the ms3pro treatment.

Back