• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvos on JDM Wheels

I want Work VS-XX on my R:

tumblr_llnwzpd1p51qfzt55o1_1280.jpg

Other than the Grams Light, Rays Engineering deals, most of those wheels be Your-A-peeing styles.

Came here to be a dick & say ... why not just "Volvos on alloys"?
Most of those styles poasted could come from anywhere; the black wagon in the first few posts could be on 80's BBS wheels for example.

JDM means JDM, i.e. actual rims from Japanese manufacturers. Styles can be similar to others, but you just don't see those wheels on Volvos, that's all.

JDM means JDM, i.e. actual rims from Japanese manufacturers. Styles can be similar to others, but you just don't see those wheels on Volvos, that's all.

Don't forget to post your JDM tires! :-P

Wonder how many of those JDM rims are from China or Taiwan? Does that still make them JDM?

Three-piece BRS Poison from like '91 or '92. Basically early Work Equips although I'm not sure why they're marketed under the BRS brand(even the back of the faces have the Work logo cast into them and the barrels have Work stickers). The problem is they use 32 bolts per wheel which is insanely hard to find lips for and one pair is only 7" wide. Still trying to track down a couple wider lips. I just liked them better than the later Equips because of that small lip on the edge of the face.

actual rims from Japanese manufacturers.
That's just a Japanese rim.

JDM
D=Domestic
Made for Japanese cars in JAPAN
Not meaning made in Japan, but made for use in Japan.

Like a NADA Land rover that is made in UK for the (North American Dollar Area) it just means "created for the Japanese buyers in Japan"

Back