• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

13c Dyno Numbers

UhAudoe

Sittin' sideways
I would like to see what other people have done with their 13c's.
My build thread is in my sig, but the current setup is, unported 90+ manifold, unported 13c @ 20psi, 940ic and piping, K cam, and E85. The car ran a 13.92 @ 100mph on 12psi.
I'm just curious what numbers and times people have gotten with the 13c.
Post up your graphs or slips, otherwise I'm claiming fastest 13c :rofl:

This run was on a Dyno Dynamics rig(8% lower than a Mustang and 12% lower than a Dynojet) @ 20 psi

If I'm correct, it's not quite off the charts at 20psi but you drop to about 70% efficiency and its spinning north of 150,000 rpm to make that boost, so the air coming out is pretty hot. Something better than the 940 ic to cool that charge down would do you worlds of good.

That being said, looks good for a 13c still. My old 740t with an IPD cam, exhaust and 15g @15psi only made 180hp/210tq but it had a timing issue I didn't know of at that point and had 5 degrees of timing pulled through the whole range..

Well that's one way to look at it.

Sorry if I sounded like a d1ck. Didn't mean too.

Less is more, and I like to do more with less more or less.

It's just my understanding that a 13c wheel is not at all efficient beyond 13 to 14 psi. If you can cool all of that adequately then perhaps it's a different story, but you have to admin that 200hp at 20psi is just terrible.

How is this for more with less (more or less)?

* Get a 15g or 16t
* Break it down.... Pull out the shaft and remove the compressor wheel.
* Remove and take apart the 13c... Pull out the shaft and remove the compressor wheel.
* Put the 13c turbine wheel and shaft into the 15g CHRA.
* Put the 15g compressor wheel back on.
* Put the 15g compressor housing back on re-clocked.
* Put the 15g assembly onto the 13c housing.
* Put back in car.
* Profit!

I did this for two years on an '89 +T and it was one of the funnest cars I've yet owned.

If I'm correct, it's not quite off the charts at 20psi but you drop to about 70% efficiency and its spinning north of 150,000 rpm to make that boost, so the air coming out is pretty hot. Something better than the 940 ic to cool that charge down would do you worlds of good.

I have a something in the works that will eliminate a serious bottle neck to power, and help to cool the intake charge.

Sorry if I sounded like a d1ck. Didn't mean too. It's just my understanding that a 13c wheel is not at all efficient beyond 13 to 14 psi. If you can cool all of that adequately then perhaps it's a different story, but you have to admit that 200hp at 20psi is just terrible.

213hp and 260tq, using almost entirely parts from other Volvo's, and 100mph trap speed, I don't see what is terrible.

213hp and 260tq, using almost entirely parts from other Volvo's, and 100mph trap speed, I don't see what is terrible.

Not saying using E85 is cheating, but quite a few people that don't have access to it, not a fair call to say or claim "best or fastest 13c"

Yeah and the dyno dynamics stuff generally does spit out lower numbers than everything else, but its pretty hard to put a % on it. What gear was the pull done in, just out of curiosity? Also, hp and tq crossing at 4200 rpm doesn't seem right at all.

Pull was done in fourth gear.
And E85 is not cheating, It's not my fault if you don't live in an area that is going "green" :rofl: So I am going to claim quickest and fastest 13c.

Yeah Greg in Eugene ran a 13.06 or so with 13c and then I sold and helped him put a 15g on and then he ran a 12.61. He tried and tried to get into the 12's with the 13c, never did, so basically you wanna boast about having the quickest 13c car you are going to have to get into the 12's to beat his time... When he ran the 12.613, I ran a 12.615 same night. I helped him beat me, but he did let me use his slicks.

Real drag slicks, totally stripped out cars, Greg had meth injection and aw71. I didn't and I had Getrag 5 speed.

My dyno run with 15g 12.6 car. 232hp 277wheel torqes.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AS81r8c_3A8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Simon

Last edited:
Greg's 13.1 was also @ 98mph, so technically if this isn't the quickest on a 13c, his trap speed of 100mph puts him in at the fastest

Greg's 740 was also down to 2600 lbs, right? So if this 240 is at 3,000 lbs still, its making a few more ponies to push that extra 400lbs to a higher trap speed.

Yeah Greg in Eugene ran a 13.06 or so with 13c and then I sold and helped him put a 15g on and then he ran a 12.61. He tried and tried to get into the 12's with the 13c, never did, so basically you wanna boast about having the quickest 13c car you are going to have to get into the 12's to beat his time... When he ran the 12.613, I ran a 12.615 same night. I helped him beat me, but he did let me use his slicks.

Real drag slicks, totally stripped out cars, Greg had meth injection and aw71. I didn't and I had Getrag 5 speed.

My dyno run with 15g 12.6 car. 232hp 277wheel torqes.

Simon

Awesome! My goal has been (for like a month:rofl:) to get into the 12's with the 13c.
And I'm not being sold that the 15g is neccesary, as your car made 19hp and 12ft/lbs more than mine with a 13c. Was this the setup that went 12.61? If so, then I know 12's will happen, I knew before but yeah, more evidence.

Greg's 13.1 was also @ 98mph, so technically if this isn't the quickest on a 13c, his trap speed of 100mph puts him in at the fastest

Greg's 740 was also down to 2600 lbs, right? So if this 240 is at 3,000 lbs still, its making a few more ponies to push that extra 400lbs to a higher trap speed.

And that's good info. So yeah, fastest 13c then.

Didn't Frank Yee do some insane boost numbers with a 13c a couple of years back. 26psi or something crazy. If I remember correctly Kool-Aid man dropped by for a visit.

To the OP: Keep going for it. While it may seem doubtful, I love being surprised or taught something. E85 and some other tricks to cool all that fiery hot air coming out of the 13c will no doubt go
farther then most have done running dino.

Back