• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the heebspeed 940

haha 47 replies at once!

WHat are you performance mods you plan on? Im curious to see what things will be done.

not really sure yet aside from not wanting to greatly decrease the utility of the vehicle.

Dumb question...only if you made mention elsewhere.

Otherwise, I see a stock ass 945 with an expensive boost controller.

that's what it is. but it's not an expensive boost controller.

Looks like a Cali Spec car.

it might be

figuring that its kenny, he has awesome parts at his fingertips. why not?

yep. I could put the spec2 on the car if I really wanted, but I like the old school profec b better.

That is an old profec b. I've seen them used for pretty cheap :e-shrug: , just not Home Depot MBC cheap.

yeah. two settings, adjustable from the driver's seat. when you've got the stuff laying around.... :shrug:

not really....wheres the EGR ****?

it's got egr.

clean car for the money boss.. I vote gut cat, 2muffler removal, custom heebspeed/go-autoworks cold air intake and some chiped up ecus with maybe a set of brown tops for fun...

just a nice reliable high 13 second daily d..

-sam

oughta base line it and then hit the high boost switch to see what's up. it's got a lil bit of tq.

hehehe, hit fuel cut yesterday. got a bit greedy with the gain setting on the boost controller. I really need to loosen the kick down cable a touch. Put a new ground strap on the alternator last night, seems to have killed the RPM sensor CEL I've been getting (but still have an occasionally unsteady idle. not enough to threaten to die, just.. not buttery smooth like the normal T-cam goodness. might clean the idle speed motor). Seems to have a wheel speed sensor issue, might troubleshoot that tomorrow after work.

5.3 GMC truck engine with an auto and a Class III hitch... Plus nitrous :)

Or a 4-barrel carb on a 350 so instead of beating your brains out with an oscilloscope, you can jump in something that will run even if rats ate the wiring harness.

yes look at it. Wait, what?

Car is wonderful.. well more or less. I have a few things to sort out, it's got a flat spot in the power band from off idle to about 3000rpms, probably oughta check the timing & make sure everything is lined up correctly. Still getting the rpm sensor code in the ezk, so I need to pop the inspection cover off and check the tone ring, make sure it's not ****ed up or something stupid like that.

Need to address the rotten exhaust system too.. That'll be after xmas (and maybe after new years). trying to decide what I want to run.. either patchwork (which is what sam will vote for) or go ahead and roll in a 3 inch with two mufflaz (not duals, in line. don't be retarded). Also gonna need to roll an intake with that beloved 'hot air cone filter', the air box is ol n' busted, and the inlet hose has seen better days.

sounds like my DD, the F+T '92 240 LH2.4. Power is decent, but it's got some spots where it's a little flat. Typical old LH? Exhaust is heinous (stock n/a), so I will do 3" dp to 2.5" single muffler in the spring with my fancy new welder

yeah it's vanilla stock LH. been so long I don't remember exactly what it's like anyway.

Shouldn't be that much of a flat spot, though I'm also used to nothing other than a VX or a turbo cam. The vx wakes pretty nice off the get-go as did the turbo cam, even on stock ecu's. I'd vote for perhaps timing being off a touch, since I know even my brother's t-cam came on pretty early in the game, even on k-jetz.

I think you've got it nailed, with the chips, maybe find some 46# injectors and an 012/025, a 15g at 15psi, and roll with it. NICE combo for a DD with grunt right from the get-go, still enjoyable to drive, and cheap enough to do.

hm. well someone thought it'd be nice to riffle through the 940 last night, they coulda put the stuff in the glove box back in the glove box. oh well. That's why I don't keep anything in the cars, and why I don't lock the wagon.. no broken windows just wasted time for some unscrupulous person.

yea and pray the theif is not a pianist and sue you for breaking his fingers ,thats how these idiot thief roll sad to say ,does bamma have castle laws like texas?

I know enough police that it'd probably be fine, but it's not worth the hassle. There was nothing of value (to your average thief) in the car, I don't really plan on putting much of anything in the car in the near term, so it's more funny than it is a hassle. Nothing was broken, nothing was taken, no harm no foul.

it's not a frequent occurrence around here, most thieves go to the rich side of town to tear stuff up, so I'm reinforcing that behavior indirectly by not providing them any reason to keep checking the street out (aside from the car not being locked).

It's a lot easier to spend 3 seconds putting an owner's manual and registration slip back in the glove box than it is to pull panels and vacuum glass, and replace a window (which I have, but do not want to deal with)

Back