• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

I listened to that. Maybe a massive boost leak? sounded like mine when I drove with the IC elbow blown off. Although mine was quieter and had lots of other noises.

4FjMKQy.jpg

I finally found a hub so I could put this Raid wheel on. It needs a ~1" spacer to get it a little closer and to bring it away from the turn signal stalk. I'm going to need an alternator I think. This one was only showing 11-ish volts inside the car and now the battery is dead so I'm thinking it's just done. I got most of my exhaust done. Just need one more weld but the sun went down. Then I can start tuning if I can ever figure out what that shrill noise is.

4FjMKQy.jpg

I finally found a hub so I could put this Raid wheel on. It needs a ~1" spacer to get it a little closer and to bring it away from the turn signal stalk. I'm going to need an alternator I think. This one was only showing 11-ish volts inside the car and now the battery is dead so I'm thinking it's just done. I got most of my exhaust done. Just need one more weld but the sun went down. Then I can start tuning if I can ever figure out what that shrill noise is.

How big of a wheel is that? 13"?

IMAG04021381715084.jpg

[/QUOTE] I finally found a hub so I could put this Raid wheel on. [/QUOTE]

That type and size of wheel works very well on a 122 at speed, but be prepared to work hard when steering at very slow speeds with wide wheels and tires or while parallel parking.

Appearance wise they are perfect. I had one of the original 14" Racemark wheels were the first ones produced in this style by by a company which included a partnership with the late great racing driver Mark Donohue before his death. Donahue, was brilliant engineer who drove Roger Penske cars until he died the day after a racing crash in 1975.

Enjoy it, I wish kept my wheel. Good luck w/the tuning.

I drove this yesterday for the first time in 2.5 years and it was nothing short of magnificent, even at 8 mph. I lapped the neighborhood twice and it didn't explode or do anything too weird. Came home and took the intake off so Stephen can do some more work to it. Tuning later.

I drove this yesterday for the first time in 2.5 years and it was nothing short of magnificent, even at 8 mph. I lapped the neighborhood twice and it didn't explode or do anything too weird. Came home and took the intake off so Stephen can do some more work to it. Tuning later.

Congratulations. That's always the absolute best feeling!

Hopefully we'll get to it next weekend but it'll depend on when I get the intake back. It's the holidays so I'm not really rushing him to get it done. Still not entirely sure that was causing the shrill noise but I needed a few things changed anyway so he's going to cut it open and make sure there aren't any weird transitions that might cause some weird harmonic.

Surprisingly the car drove okay for still being tuned to Jared's old setup. I don't expect it will take more than a day to get it roadworthy and then I'll see if someone who knows better can help me clean it up and make it drive really nice.

I'll need to change something about the exhaust. It's too close to the floor pan. I heard a random pop underneath the car a couple of times so I'll need to check on that and make sure nothing is binding at the rear end.

Gotta love when plan comes together. Awesome build, love this 122.

:edit: Wait, is this getting crushed?

:lol: Noooo

I should have the intake back next week. I swapped to a larger bore master cylinder while it was off. Hoping to take it to pre-mountain meet meet in April but we'll see.

Got it running again today. Still whistles like nothing I've ever heard before. Honestly not sure what else to check.

I'm pretty sure my exhaust is okay though. I have to modify the fender some more for boost piping (that's the rattle I was hearing before), figure out this damn noise, and try some tuning.

Back