• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 build , next one "bumperless"

I just want to let know all of the volvo owners .
Check for $10.250 was received on 05/08/2014
Bricks are worth money !!!!!

Picked up flat hood from VA , last weekend.
Car was pulled , Major metal fabrication starts really soon

you mean $10.25? or $10,250

:lol:

if its the first im a little disappointed,regardless can't wait to see what you'll build next!

I just want to let know all of the volvo owners .
Check for $10.250 was received on 05/08/2014
Bricks are worth money !!!!!
Picked up flat hood from VA , last weekend.
Car was pulled , Major metal fabrication starts really soon

I've been trying to tell TBers that for 6 years now......:lol::nod:

Today another busy day.
What I discovered ? Rust and more rust .
Tomorrow new rocker panels will be here and new wheel arches .
I have a idea for new look from the back side.
But that will be the last step on this build . First we need to take care of wider body.
I need to make a panel on the driver side .
Half of the quarter panel from the door to the middle of the wheel arch .
Why? Because of poor repair work from the past , I think car has a 2 lbs of body filler . I started to strip the paint but It looks like it is a pointless .

This is trunk floor reinforcment that is partially done

So lets move on to today's photos of the rusty situation

On a last picture you can see where the molding attaches and right under it how reflection is .
Believe it or not but it is easier to make a new panel than try to safe the old one

thanks for watching :)

It's been a while since last update . I lost almost 2 weeks. I got real seek but now everything is back to normal .
So driver side is almost done . I found lots of rust and took care of it
This is what we got.

Can't believe how this thing looks compared to how it started. I will definitely be watching for sure. Sorry for the inconvenient luck with the accidents, but on the bright side now you know where the worst of the rust is.

Great work so far.

I like the widened bit. the bumperless look really isn't my cup of tea, but your execution looks fantastic, and a lot of people would have given up at the sight of all that rot.

Keep up the good work! Im taking notes so I can widen my 242 :cool:

Beatiful bodywork!!:)
When I saw the badass looking widening job you have done I must admit I was really hoping you wouldnt go bumperless this time also, buts that your choice:)

Incredible work on the car, will follow this thread for more awesome bodywork!;-)

Dang man. This is exactly the kind of motivation I need. The interior is stripped on mine and about ready for some floor and rocker repair. Seeing how bad yours is makes me feel like a real wuss though! Great work! I can't wait to start welding now. haha

Phenomenal work.:) It's more than obvious you've got an artist's eye to go with your first rate fabrication and welding skills. I like the bumper delete and rolled pan; I don't know if I'd have it for my DD, but I do like it.:cool::nod:

Back