• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2k16, 9/29-10/2/2016

Officially leaving Friday morning. I got the rear suspension rebuilt with BNEs finest and its awesome with people in the back seat, I think it'll do fine with the amount of beer that will be required. I've been beating on the R brakes and couldn't be happier so I'm going to call that good. I need to raise my exhaust a little in the front for ground clearance, swap in a new thermostat, and do an oil change to finish it. It needs some tune worn on accel still but I'm going to chalk that up to my idiocy or the age or my ms firmware. Travis is bringing his wife and Chelsi up in the Corona wagon Friday night after work.

If I had any damn sense I'd rive the Jetta TDi. 50 mpg, quiet, A/C, smooth, relaxing. Not the 20 mpg car that drips stuff here and there (damn T5 trans) and just might blow up. And just got another HG but seems OK for now...

Heh. Anyhow, Google says 9 1/2 - 10 hours driving, I'm planning on leaving painfully early on Friday morning (weeee hours), hopefully get there sometime in the early afternoon.

If I had any damn sense I'd rive the Jetta TDi. 50 mpg, quiet, A/C, smooth, relaxing. Not the 20 mpg car that drips stuff here and there (damn T5 trans) and just might blow up. And just got another HG but seems OK for now...

Heh. Anyhow, Google says 9 1/2 - 10 hours driving, I'm planning on leaving painfully early on Friday morning (weeee hours), hopefully get there sometime in the early afternoon.

Be real baller and drive the 544

well I mean there's already going to be a homersecksual contingent in miatas, what's a veedub?

got most of my checklist knocked out last night, few things to address tonight along with some packing.

Got the beef last night.
Took two pork loins out of the freezer.
Tires are mounted and waiting for pickup at the shop.

Still gotta get the other burger ingredients this evening. Gotta hopefully vacuum the car and clean the windows - I have a feeling the inside of the front windshield has never been cleaned.

Can anyone recommend a decent bedbug free motel in the Strasburg/Woodstock, VA area? Thinking of leaving Thursday night then finishing the trip Friday morning.

I may have missed this already, but for those who "got a bed", what size are the beds (I assume we need to bring our own sheets and ****)? twin? I'm not sure I have a sleeping bag at the house, otherwise this is.. irrelevant.

anyway, carry on.

I think Mark is bringing a VW but I'm trying to convince him to Miata instead.

I had planned to take my 142 to a friend to mess with while I busted ass on the 122. I ended up having "unforeseen" issues with the R brakes and I kind of forgot to ever call the other guy. So no Volvo for me :(

I may have missed this already, but for those who "got a bed", what size are the beds (I assume we need to bring our own sheets and ****)? twin? I'm not sure I have a sleeping bag at the house, otherwise this is.. irrelevant.

anyway, carry on.

Pretty sure they're all twins. Linens/blankets/pillows are provided. We'll have to do laundry before we leave on Sunday.

anyway, carry on.

Kenny, I think they are all singles, some of them bunks. Doubling permitted of course.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DExqgf96NZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Am I picking you up or no?
I'm driving my car. We can try to caravan if you know what time you're coming through. But I'm not 100% sure on my departure time right now. Work has been extra busy this past week.

Put rear suspension on the 242 and it feels safe. Maybe I should take it back off for the meet.
WWID? Isaac would take it apart at the meet.

I am thinking I should change the front crank pulley before I go.
I have a spare I was probably going to bring. In case yours falls off.

Can anyone recommend a decent bedbug free motel in the Strasburg/Woodstock, VA area? Thinking of leaving Thursday night then finishing the trip Friday morning.
Winchester will give you a lot more options.

Back