• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

760 Coolant Hose Confusion

nogwerd

Hi turbobricks, newbie here,

I have a 1986 760 turbo wagon and I'm replacing the coolant hoses along with a lot of other stuff.. But I'm looking online to find hoses and I'm running into some confusion. I go to IPD and put in my car and it comes up with hoses for what I understand to be earlier oil-cooled turbos (part 1378106 and 1317336). But I look at my car and it has very different hoses with different junctions and sensors and such. Sure enough I look on a Volvo dealer website diagram and it shows the more complicated (and expensive) lower and expansion reservoir hoses and says they are for later water-cooled turbos (6842129 and 3531884).

But I look at my car and I see metal lines indicating to me that I have an oil cooled turbo. Why does my car have water-cooled turbo coolant hoses but I have an oil-cooled turbo? Unless I'm mistaking something..

There's also some sort of electric connector on the lower radiator hose and I have no idea what it does. Is it a thermostat or something?

Thanks

Back