• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear windshield trim removal

Wesdunns70t5m

Hey there all, so the car in question is a 1990 760 sedan...

This morning I bought rear windshield louvers for the car off eBay, and am very excited to get it installed once it arrives! In the description of the item, it claims to install underneath the existing trim. Of course I?ll add some double sided tape for security, but I was curious as to how do I remove the trim around the rear windshield? Is it as simple as sliding the trim piece in towards the center of the glass? I?ve had bad luck removing trim from these old boxes before, so I just want to get a head start before I even get the item. Thanks in advanced!

Hey there all, so the car in question is a 1990 760 sedan...

This morning I bought rear windshield louvers for the car off eBay, and am very excited to get it installed once it arrives! In the description of the item, it claims to install underneath the existing trim. Of course I?ll add some double sided tape for security, but I was curious as to how do I remove the trim around the rear windshield? Is it as simple as sliding the trim piece in towards the center of the glass? I?ve had bad luck removing trim from these old boxes before, so I just want to get a head start before I even get the item. Thanks in advanced!

The louvres I had on my 142 had tabs that slid underneath the rubber seal and hence the trim. Therefore no need to remove it.

Perhaps that is what is meant?

The louvres I had on my 142 had tabs that slid underneath the rubber seal and hence the trim. Therefore no need to remove it.

Perhaps that is what is meant?

The 740/760 has aluminum trim that fits tight against the body shell and the glass. I have no idea how these louvers would be attached.

Thanks for the input all. Hopefully it will just slide under the trim without any trim removal. If that doesn’t work out (which redwood doesn’t make it sound like it will), I’ll just sand it down so it butts up to the trim and double side tape it. I’m not against rigging something, but will try not to when I can

Back