• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 940 T4 swap

We need updates

Lets give you some then. I uploaded some photos here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9GR2skh6xzacfycw6

So what has been going on..

• Installed some H-profile connecting rods with new rod bearings
  • Got a single mass 850 flywheel (btw if someone tells you that there are different flywheels for 228 and 240mm clutches, its BS, same flywheel, different clutches)
  • Found a brand new 850R clutch kit on ebay, ordered it.
  • Found a custom exhaust manifold for T4, unfortunately it was made for a different turbo and FWD, so we made an adapter. I had to raise the bonnet from the back a little bit to fit the turbo. (did not want to hack the manifold because I will probably go for a bigger turbo in the future)
  • Finally found the M90 whiteblock starter bracket. On the picture I have a 960 starter, but T4 one works as well.
  • Installed an intercooler, didnt go for the biggest one, but it should get the job done. For the radiator I have a 960 radiator with a stock electric fan.
  • Got a standalone ECU
  • Got proper O rings and installed the oil pan.

I have a nice oil cooler waiting for its adapter, 850cc injectors, just ordered the belts. I am waiting for my custom intake manifold, which is almost done (see last picture in the album) and once I get my manifold, I will have oil feed/return lines done and power steering lines.

Often struggling to find time but I am really motivated.

Thoughts?

It's looking good. Do you have better pics of your engine mounts? They seem really far forward. And what you did for your oil pan

It's looking good. Do you have better pics of your engine mounts? They seem really far forward. And what you did for your oil pan

Found some old pictures of the engine mounts
One is made out of CV joint middle bushing or some other FWD thing, not sure but a nice thick plate for engine mount.
3.jpg

j2.jpg

Other is bolted onto aluminum bracket where AC pump used to be.

j3.jpg

Mounts are quite far forward but the engine itself is in the right spot, because gearbox is where it should be.

Oil pan is just RWD 6 cyl whiteblock oil pan shortened from the middle for 4 cyl. Oil pickup tube was also adjusted to fit. Pictures are earlier in this thread.

It would be possible to build a suitable oil pan out of stock FWD whiteblock oil pan but since I had a chance to have it the easier way...

Back