• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

531 porting work in the south(Houston area)

2 valve Evo head. That's the kind of group buy that would be most excellent.

I could dream!

It is hard to value this stuff. I spent a lot of money on head parts and labor but I think I spent it in the right places, and the result is pretty damn good. But, I'll take a big bath if I ever try to sell it. Small market for that stuff.

Might be an annoying question (also directed toward OP) but, why not go 16v?

Might be an annoying question (also directed toward OP) but, why not go 16v?

I don't want to speak for the OP, but if the end goal is only ~250 (crank or wheel, doesn't matter), I wouldn't go to the effort.. when you can do it with a couple mild upgrades and an otherwise stock engine.. but then, I wouldn't fool with much more than a cleanup on the 531 either and only because it was off the block. If the engine in question is currently in opperation, I'd just cam that bad boy, get a decent upgrade in the turbo department (~t3 super 60 or so), and the requisite supporting mods and be done with it. But that's me, and I certainly have my isms :shrug:

Just a little update. I got a deal on a 16v. So now I'm going that way. Going to rebuild and send cams off. Already have long rods and 16v forged pistons from yoshi that are setup for 16v. Since I'm blowing a bit of the budget on this plus the paint job, I'm just going to use the 16v exhaust adapter I have now, 90+ manifold, and small rwd turbo until I bring the budget back up. 531 will stay on the shelf for when I have the time/money to rebuild the other squirter engine that I'm pulling and then I'll +t my 90 sedan also. Since the wifey will drive that one as a backup for her new escape, I'll probably just put the aw71 in with it and a factory turbo.

Back